baby shower time!

*two months later!*

Well, my birthday has came and gone. We didn't do anything special, really. Austin had the kids, so Alec and I spent the day watching movies and then went out to dinner at night. Alec wanted to go to a fancy restaurant, but I told him that I wanted to go to a diner, which he finally agreed to. Since I'm eight months pregnant now, Zoe is throwing a baby shower for me and then two days later Alec, Ryoko, and I are all going to Australia to see Alec's family. The baby shower is tomorrow and I'm really excited for it. Also, the court has allowed me to keep Ryoko full-time until she turns eighteen and moves out, which I'm sad for. "Baby, why don't you go shopping for a cute outfit to wear tomorrow." Alec says, I give him an angry glare. "Are you saying I'm fat?!" I say angrily, he gives me a worried look at a comforting smile. "No, sweetheart. I just figured you might want something new to wear." He says, I narrow my eyes and nod. "I guess you're right, babe." I say, kissing his cheek and slowly making my way to the bottom of the stairs. To my right, is the spare lounge that Alec has out a daybed in so I can sleep downstairs. "Ry! You want to come with me to the mall to go shopping?" I yell up the stairs. "Sure! I'll be down in a second." She says.

I'll give you an update on my kids, Ryoko and Naila are dating, Jasmine and Asher are STILL going strong, and Daven's still out playing with girls' hearts. Ryoko comes downstairs and grabs the car keys. "Okay, babe. We'll be back soon." I say, kissing Alec. "Be careful, Ry. You have precious cargo." Alec says to Ryoko, she nods and climbs into the drivers seat. "Yes, Alec." She says, Alec nods and helps me into the car and we drive off. When we get to the mall, Ryoko and I go to the maternity section in one o the stores to pick out an outfit. I find a white, holo, long sleeved shirt and a pair of white flats. I have a pair of jeans I can still wear, luckily. We check out and then go back home. By the time we get there, it's dark out and about time for bed. "Here's some pajamas." Ryoko says, handing me a stack of clothes. I go into the downstairs bathroom to change and then go back into the lounge and lay down on my daybed. Alec comes in a few minutes later and lays down next to me. I lay my head on his chest and he kisses it. "You know, Nari. It's hard to believe that we'll be in Australia in a few days." He says, I nod. "I know right. It's even crazier that we'll be there for like three weeks." I say, he laughs. "Yeah, I haven't seen my family in like ten years..." He says sadly. "I know, babe." I say, he sighs. We soon drift off to sleep.

I wake up at about four o'clock with a nightmare. I wake up by myself and in a cold sweat. I look around the lounge and there's complete darkness, except for the nightlight we put in the foyer. I slowly get up and look around the downstairs. Out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw someone outside. But when I turn around to face it, there's nothing there. I shake off my nervousness and try to find my phone. When I do, I go back to my bed and scroll through Twitter. "Hey guys! I woke up early today, so tweet me some fun things to do." I tweet, the replies come flowing in and lots of people are saying cute thing about mine and Alec's engagement still, even though that happened like three months ago. The baby shower's at noon and it's about six now. I have six hours to kill, but at least Alec will be getting up soon. Ryoko has school today, so I think I'll call her in so she can go to the shower. A few minutes later, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. "Goodmorning." Alec says to me, I smile at him. "Goodmorning." I say, he gives me a funny look. "What are you doing up, baby?" He asks me, I shrug. "I've been up since four." I say. "Why didn't you come upstairs with me?" He asks me, I raise an eyebrow. "Alec, I'm eight months pregnant." I say, he ahs and nods. "The baby will be here very soon." He says, I smile. "Want something for breakfast?" He asks me, I nod. "Pancakes?" He asks. "Yep, works for me." I say and slowly stand up to follow him to the kitchen. After a few minutes, he passes me a plate and Ryoko comes down. "Goodmorning, Ry." Alec says, sliding her a plate.

She mumbles a thank you and begins eating with one hand, using the other to cover her eyes. "Are you okay, baby?" I ask her, she shakes her head. "Nope. Woke up with another migraine." She says softly. "Good thing you aren't going to school." I say as I take a bite of pancake, she shoots her head up and looks at me. "Seriously?" She says, I nod. "Thank goodness. This is the fourth one this week." She says. I glance at Alec, who looks really worried about her. Alec nods towards the hall, indicating he wants to talk. I follow him into the hall and he begins talking, "Baby, you need to take her to the doctor." He says, I nod. "I know I do, but you know how she is about the doctor." I say, he sighs. "I know chronic migraines are a thing, but I think there's something more here." He says, my face fills with worry and he grabs my hand. "I'm sorry, Nari. I'm not trying to scare you..." He says, pulling me into his chest. We walk back into the kitchen and stand in front of Ryoko, she gives us a weird look. "Can I help you guys?" She asks us. "Sweetie, can you tell us if anything else is wrong besides your migraine?" Alec asks her, she shrugs. "Are you dizzy, nauseous, confused?" He asks, she half nods. "I've woken up confused and dizzy the past few days. I get a little nauseous throughout the day." She says, he nods. "Ry, I think you need to go to the doctor." He says, her eyes get wide. "Actually, I think the dizziness and confusion is better." She says, I roll my eyes. "Nice try, Ryoko. You're going to the doctor." I say, she groans.