Chapter Ten

By Monday morning-which is already an awful way to start off, I mean just Monday alone is bad- I'm in a crappy mood. I was already a week behind marking, I'd had no time for breakfast so I was starving, then I was late in for work, and after a lecture from Ms. Turner, I made my way to my first class, which was with the sixth years; and I didn't want Niall to see me when I was so grumpy. But after registration, Niall's class filed in, and what I saw just dampened my mood.

Niall and Liam holding hands, hips joined and smiles on their faces... what? What? Liam's cheated on Niall... and he's okay with it? Even after I gave him a source of proof? Perhaps Liam has manipulated or cheated Niall back into thinking Liam was worth a second chance, the little bugger. My blood boiled thinking of Liam forcing Niall back into a relationship just because he didn't want his reputation ruined. What made it all worse was the smug smirk Liam made sure to give me as he walked in with Niall.

''Sit down, stop talking,'' I snapped unnecessarily at my class. ''Get your booklets open to page 16, fill in all the blanks and go on the keyboards once you've finished that. I'll give you a briefing on what to do in a few minutes... Niall. A word?''

Me and Liam exchanged an angry glare while Niall helped himself up and joined me just outside the classroom. Niall leant against the wall, looking at me expectantly.

''Who the hell does Liam think he is?'' I say in a hushed tone, ''Did he manipulate you or something?''

''Wha-no! I just...'' Niall scratched his head. ''We're just as bad as each other, to be honest. It's unfair to break up with him because he's been cheating on me, when all the time we've been mucking round too. That's just hypocritical.'' Niall pointed out. ''I didn't want to break up with Liam anyway... he deserves a second chance, don't you think?''

''No, no way!'' I hissed, ''Liam cheated on you! With a girl! And me and you have only been kissing-''

''You groped me in your car-''

''I know what I did,'' I snapped. I look at Niall's face and know my bad mood is reflecting badly on my words. I should probably shut up and think about what I'm going to say next. ''But Liam does not deserve your forgiveness; or you, for that matter.''

''Mr. Malik, just... leave me and Liam alone. We're okay. And so what if we've both messed around behind each other's backs? We still trust each other, and I like Liam a lot.'' Niall said defensively. ''I don't want you intervening so much.''

He gives me a mutinous glare before turning his back on me and walking back to my classroom. I clench my fists. 

''God damnit!'' I cried, punching the nearest wall. I hate Liam, I thought, I hate Liam so god damn much. I hate him.

The rest of the day doesn't peak from that horrible start to the week. I teach, but barely any well; I'm preoccupied, trying to think of ways to get me and Niall to get along like we used to. Him and me used to fool around and pretend it was fine, but then Liam happened. My anger returns at the thought of him. He makes me feel sick; God I hate him and the way he treats Niall. 

Niall's POV:

Furious at Mr. Malik, driven on the thought of him always intervening into me and Liam's relationship, I ball my fists up and leave him outside the classroom. I hear him smack the wall with his fists, but keep my cool and go back to Liam, who was filling in the sheet Mr. Malik had assigned us.

''What did he want?'' Liam demanded, looking up from his work.

I sat beside him and got started on my work. ''He was just asking if I'd had any memory traumas recently.'' I lie, being careful not to look at Liam. He knows me too tell to know when I'm lying.