Chapter 13 - Praise & Explanations

*Calris's pov*

"Okay good hustle everyone! It's time for lunch so everyone please head over to the dining hall!" The coach announced. We all cheered for a break and some food. I looked over and saw Yuki handing out bottles to everyone. We then made eye contact and I smiled. She smiled in return and I walked over.
"Here you go." She said handing me a bottle.
"Thanks." I said panting and drank the water.
"Here you go Garrett." She said handing him one as well.
"You guys are doing great out there!" She said.
"Thanks Yuki! And Calris is too! He's adding up points almost all by himself and his spikes!" Garrett smiled, wiping water away.
I nearly choked on my water.
"That's good to hear! but your doing great to Garrett!" She smiled.
"Thanks, you're doing awesome too!"
Why do I get less praise?
"Thanks. Well I don't want to keep you guys any longer from lunch, so you can start heading off, I have to refill bottles." She smiled.
"I'll help ." I said as I wiped sweat from my forehead.
"Are you sure?" She asked.
"Yeah it's fine, Garrett save us some spots?" I asked.
"You got it!" He smiled, "Bye you guys!"
"Bye Garrett!" We both said and saw him leave.
"Well let's go fill the bottles." She said as she carried two cases with bottles.
"Here," I said taking the cases, "They were about to hit the floor at your height." I teased.
"There it is, just when I though you were being considerate." She Joked.
"I'm always~ this considerate." I laughed.
"Uh huh sure, but thank you for holding them." She said.
"No problem, is there anymore?"
"Nope, that's the last of them, we can go."
And we started walking to the fountains.

"Hey shorty why did I get less praise earlier?" I mumbled as I filled up a bottle.
"What do you mean?" She asked twisting the top on hers.
"Earlier. Garret got more praise then me."
"Your jealous that I gave Garrett more praise then you? Really?" She laughed.
"Well I mean it'd be nice if I could get a little more praise you know." I said twisting the top on my bottle.
"Okay well you did great Calris, just like always." She said.
"No that's the same thing you said earlier, it doesn't count." I said.
"What do you mean it doesn't count?" She laughed.
"You can't just say the same thing twice!"
"Okay then how about this." She said putting down her bottle. Then she grabbed my shirt and pulled me down to her eye level, and kissed my head.
"Is that the same as last time?" She teased.
"No, but damn your short." I laughed.
"Idiot, and don't think I'm doing this every time either." She said letting go of my shirt and went back to her bottle.
"Okay." I smiled.

"Are you done yet?" I complained as I put my head on top of hers.
"Chill out, its already half way full." She said as she was filling up the last bottle.
"Hurry up I'm hungry."
"I can't rush the water fountain, just wait."
I sighed.
"And my head is not a rest for your head."
"It is now." I said and she finally twisted on the last top. It's about time.
"Okay let's go put them away then we can eat."
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes really, I told you to eat earlier but you wanted to help." She said as I lifted up the cases.
"And I don't regret helping." I said.
"Then why complain?"
"Because I'm hungry."
"You're such a kid." She laughed.
"Well I mean aren't you hungry?" I asked.
"Starving, But my team comes first." She said.
I felt my face get warm. She's so nice.
"Yeah well to the team, you guys come first." I smiled and elbowed her arm. She smiled.
"Now how about we hurry up so we can eat." I said. She nodded and we walked a little faster back to the gym.

"Yuki! Calris! Over here!" I heard Garrett say and we both looked around to see him sitting down. We walked over and I sat across and Yuki next to me.
"They haven't called to go get the food?" Yuki Asked.
"No yet, the girls got a bit behind so it shouldn't be much longer." Garrett answered.
"Whhaattt~?" I sighed as I put my head on the table.
"What's up with him?" Garrett asked.
"He's been hungry ever since we started filling the bottles." She laughed.
"It's not funny." I mumbled.
"It's funny how you're acting." She laughed.
I slid my head up so that I could see them.
"I'm just hungry okay."
Yuki tried to hold back her laugh.
"So I see you two are back to normal now." Garrett smirked.
I went red at the memory of what had happened with us. I saw her do the same.
"Y-Yeah." I mumbled turning my head away a bit.
"Not quite." She said. I turned to look at her confused. Was she still mad or sad and just acted like she was okay!?
"I still have to explain about my volleyball history.." she said.
Oh..
"Well since were waiting why don't you tell us." Garrett said.
"Okay well, where do I start? Um well I guess it started when Katsuki got into it. I didn't really pay much attention into the sport because I loved tennis. I would help him practice as a setter so I later became a really good one because I grew up playing in that position. I had to admit was fun playing, but I knew I could never play it or tennis seriously. Anyways the day before I moved here, Katsuki and I made a promise to each other. If he was the ace by the time we met again, I'd set for him for one match. But when I came here I kinda wanted to push all that away. Volleyball that is. I knew it would hurt me if I became too attached. But when I met you guys it was like a new door was opened. When I became the manager I was really excited watching you guys play..." she said as she messed with her fingers.

"Wait a minute, how can you play when you have your sickness? Volleyball games are tiring." Garrett said.
"The same way I play tennis. I play for a certain amount then I'm done." She answered.
"Then how would the match work?" I asked.
"Well before Katsuki, Maku and I would make the matches shortened by making 10 points the winning amount. And it's only be one set."
"Ohhh."
"Wait then why you get super excited last night when you got to spike the ball?" I asked.
"Well I was super excited because I hadn't played volleyball in a while. It just felt good to play it again I guess."
"Hey Yuki How about you play a match with us?" Garrett asked.
"Against or with?" She asked confused.
"With!" He said.
"I can't. Well not as a setter." She said.
"What? Why not? I wanna see your sets in action!" He asked. Wait is it because of what I think it is?
"Because I made a promise with Calris. I won't set for him until he's the ace." She said looking at me. I turned red again.
I was right.
"Wait... is that why you were so into getting points?!" Garrett asked.
"Yeah is it~?" Yuki teased.
I turned my head away, "Yes." I mumbled.
"Jeez could you two get any cuter or what?" Garrett said. I went hot at this.
"Calris if only you could see her face right now!" He teased.
"G-Garrett!" She stuttered. I moved my head a bit to see her. She was all red and held her arms close. Jeez how cute could she get!?

"Everyone foods ready! Come line up!" A manager called and everyone raced up.
"Foods Ready you two!" Garrett said and left.
Yuki and I still sat there, still flustered at what Garrett said. I then got up first and stood next to her.
"C'mon shorty I'm hungry." I said. She smiled and got up. We then got in line and waited for the food.

*Yuki's pov*
"Okay everyone let's return to practice games!" The coach announced.
I made eye contact with Calris and gave him a thumbs up. He did the same and smiled.