Chapter 3 - New Manager

*Calris's pov*
After school Garrett and I headed to the gym for practice.

Ever since we talked about Yuki being a manager for us it was all I could possibly think about. When we arrived we greeted everyone and went to change. Nobody knew about Yuki yet so it was a surprise to them, but I didn't see her anywhere. I internally panicked and imagined the worst possible scenarios.

"Hey calm down. She said she had to talk to her teacher so just calm down. She didn't ditch us." Garrett said patting my back. I gave a small smile in reassurance.

"Now c'mon practice is starting." He said and we walked to the rest of the team.

~

After the first couple minutes of practice, I heard the gym doors slide open. I looked and saw her. We then made eye contact and she smiled. And to ruin the small moment, out of nowhere a volleyball slammed into my face. I heard a small snort and questioned if that was my teammate or her.

I fell to the ground and out other manager came over with the first aid kit. As she took care of me, I saw Garrett walk over and introduced Yuki to the coach, probably telling him about the position.

As I was being treated I moved my head around to see what was happening with Yuki. That's when I saw Garrett put his hand on her shoulders and talk with the administrator and coach. I growled at the sight of someone else touching her. Even if it was Garrett.

"Calris are you in that much pain? You're growling." She asked.

"You don't mess with another guys' girl." I mumbled. She made a confused face and turned around. She looked back at me and smiled. "

Are you two dating?" She asked.

"W-what!? No! Us? Psh!" I said turning red.

"Then I guess she's not your girl."

I opened my mouth to say something, but then stopped myself. She then patted my head and told me I'm all good.

I immediately bolted up and felt a sting of pain. Ignoring the pain, I walked over to where the group was and looked down at Yuki. She turned and looked up, seeing a bandage over my red nose.

"You have to be more careful and pay attention." She sighed.

"Yeah yeah but when is the shorty worried about me." I teased as I flicked her forehead.

"Since now because she has the manager position." the coach and administrator said.

"Really!?" Yuki, Garrett and I asked excitedly.

"Yes and that means you'll come here after school blah blah blah." They continued to talk about how it would work and that the first manager would show her everything. Garrett and I excuse ourselves and return to practice.

Sorry for the short chapter! The next part is important and long so I wanted it to have its own chapter for itself. I do have it written so I'll just edit it and see what I can do to make it better! So just a little longer and maybe the next 2 or 3 chapters may come out! Also thank you for reading!

~Vennko5