30. Dress nostalgia

Deidara and Konan dug around in the wardrobe of one of the spare rooms. It was full of clothing belonging to the person who lived in the compound previously. Konan pulled out several different things, none of interest though. Deidara pushed some stuff aside and picked up something quite amazing. It was a very beautiful dress, it was (You can have whatever design you wish). Deidara pulled it all the way out and held it out for Konan to see. The blue haired girl gasped and took the dress from the blonde boys arms, beginning to run towards where you were.

You were sitting in the living room watching the kids play when Konan and Deidara ran into the room, she was holding something, it looked like clothing of some sort. Konan shoves it into my arms and I hold it up, it was a very beautiful dress. "Wow where did you find this?", you ask. "We were in one of the bedrooms and found it in the wardrobe", Deidara says. You nod and take another moment to admire the dress before putting it aside. "What are you doing?", Konan asks. "Putting the dress down", you reply. Konan picks the dress back up and shoves it into your arms once again. "You have to try it on!". I let out a nervous laugh and shake my head. "No can do, I'm not putting it on". Konan put on her puppy dog eyes... man they are adorable. I bite my lip and finally let out a sigh. "Fine I'll put it on".

I stand and make my way to my bedroom. Konan and Deidara try to follow but I stop them. "I'll be out in a minute so just out here for me". They nod and take a seat on the couch, watching me as I walk out of the room. I walk down the hall and into my bedroom, making sure to close and lock my door behind me. I slip off all of my clothes and put the dress on. I adjust it so it fits my body and then look at myself in my full body mirror. I was surprised at first, I didn't look bad at all. The dress fit nicely and even complimented the curves you already had, also showing off some you didn't even know you had. You remembered as a child you loved to wear dresses, your mother loved to see you in them too. You were like a little princess. You let out a long sigh as bad memories came back. When you were shut out by everyone you would still wear your dresses to try and get some good attention. Instead people would throw buckets of water at you, yelling insults. You looked yourself over in the mirror, the sight was nostalgic. You take a deep breath and walk out of the room and back into the living room.

"Woah", Deidara says quietly. "You look so pretty (Y/n)-chan!", Konan enthuses. The ruckus the blonde and blue haired children were making gathered the attention of the other kids. One by one they turned their heads, their eyes widening and jaws dropping. You stretched your tired muscles and headed for the door. "Where are you going?", Konan asks. "Hm, oh I was just gonna go lay down in the garden". As you walk out into the garden the kids all follow. You lay down on a soft patch of grass in the sun and close your eyes eventually falling asleep.

Timeskip

"Hey don't go looking under (Y/n)-chan's dress", Konan yells. Your eyes flutter open and you find yourself surrounded by children. You sit up and rub your eyes. "What's everyone doing out here?", you ask with a quiet yawn. "We all came to see you in the dress", Konan says. You look down and remember everything from before. "Hm, haven't worn a dress since I was five years old", you say quietly. "Why not?", Sasori asks. "No matter what you look like if you're a monster on the inside you'll be considered a monster forever. I could be the most beautiful woman in the world and people would still treat me the same". Zetsu walks forward and holds something out to me. "What is it?", I ask. "Its a flower crown You should put it on". I lean my head forward and let the multicolored boy put it on me. "Thank you Zetsu". "(Y/n)-chan is so pretty, Tobi wants to marry her". You giggle and shake your head. Hidan jumps on you, his arms wrapped around your neck. "No fucking way, (Y/n)'s marrying me". The boys all jump on you, hugging you tightly. You chuckle and hug them all back. Its nice having them all here, no matter how stupid they act. You wished you could live like this forever, its such a shame though. You knew that this has a limit, you'd just have to make the most of it because before you know it... it'll be gone.

Sorry for the sad ending. Anyway we are at 12.5k reads at the moment and I'd just like to thank you lovely readers for that. When I first published this story I was kinda worried that people might not like it but you've all been really supportive, I can't thank you enough. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD