Chapter Twenty Seven|| The Ball

Start from the beginning

"I was really hoping Ryker would trip on the way down." He said causing me to laugh.

"That would bruise his ego too much. He'd never let that happen." I mused and Jackson looked up causing me to do the same. The girls stood in front of me.

"Im going to go say hello and talk with the other alphas." Jackson said placing a kiss on my cheek and got up to leave.

"Hello." I stood and said nicely as I could seeing the three standing before me. I wanted to kill Jackson for leaving me.

"I don't believe we've properly met, I'm Madeline, Ryker's mate." She said sticking out her hand to shake and I was hesitant since, like i've mentioned, I'm not a people person, but I pushed it aside and shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you." I responded and she smiled moving aside.

"Im Octavia, Mason's mate. And, can I just say... I love your dress." She said and I grinned.

"Thanks, Jackson almost wouldn't let me leave the house." I joked to which she smirked.

"I can see why. When you walked in, men were turning their heads like no other." She winked. Im flattered, but I got my eye on one man tonight, I thought humorously.

She moved away to talk to Madeline.

"Hey, can we talk? I would like to apologize." Scarlett said and I was wary but nodded and she smiled linking her arm with mine.

"We're going to go get drinks, would you all like some?" Scarlett asked and Octavia and Madeline both shook there heads no.

We headed off towards the drink table but walked past it and into an empty foyer.

"I wanted to apologize for the way Christian acted. Im sure you heard I found out about the whole sister brother thing." She said hesitantly.

"Yeah..."

"Like I said, I'm sorry. He should never had taken you in like you were some horrid prisoner. You'd done been through hell with the hunters during the war and he went and did that. Oh, when I found out I gave it to him. I couldn't even look at him. No matter the story, what he did was wrong and I understand if you could never look at him the same." She said and I smiled.

"Thank you, Scarlett. That means a lot. Honestly, I haven't given much thought to the whole thing. I could never see myself as a royal, no offense, but that's never going to be me." I said and she laughed lightly.

"I understand, no worries."

She was about to say something when everyone started to quiet down again.

"Oh it's starting! Lets go!" She said re-inking our arms and I wanted to groan. She is invading my personal space.

***

The ceremony was quite perfect to be honest. I was worried about having to do the same thing Madeline did tonight. Becoming a luna is scary.

After the ritual and her being accepted they made their way back to us.

"You looked amazing up there. I can already see your potential as luna." Octavia said and Scarlett nodded beside her.

"Im glad you're one of us now." Scarlett winked.

"You look beautiful." I said softly and I saw a look of awe in her eyes, like she was really happy I said that.

"Thank you, Auror-" In seconds the power was cut off and the back up generators came on.

There was little light and our mates were quick to pull us to them.

"Everyone out of the ballroom, now!" Mason yelled and people were quick running in every which direction.