Chapter 10: Shoot Me.

Start from the beginning

"But am I really?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest and puffing her chest out confidently. "Because as you've repeatedly stated since we met, you don't even want to work with us in the first place, let alone actually follow our lead." She scowled and pressed a finger against his own puffed out chest. "You are so full of yourself and you're so obsessed with working alone, and we all could've been compromised out there tonight. Or worse. So get over whatever problems you have with working with women, and sack up, dude."

She twisted on her black heeled boots and walked away from the group. She was no longer interested in listening to the ignorant—yet still devilishly handsome—man try to plead his weak case about what had gone down on the mission.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bailey's voice rang out towards her best friend.

Without turning to look at them, she spoke, "To change. And then I'm gonna go get some pizza." She walked to the locker area they had built—for times like then whenever they had to change into workout clothes or bad into their day-to-day clothing.

She opened her locker door, the metal creaking as she did, and she pulled out her clothes, resting them on the bench before her. She grabbed the hem of her black turtleneck sweater with her dainty fingers and lifted her arms up, removing the sweaty fabric as she replaced it with a white crop top.

Next, she replaced her black skinny leg pants with the white high waisted skirt that matched with her crop top. When she rested her black stiletto heels on her feet to replace the black ankle booties, she turned to notice everyone's eyes on her.

The girls just smiled at their best friend with subtle shakes of their heads, not at all surprised that she was so confident in her body that she changed in front of the guys in the room.

The boys, however—well, two of them—were staring at the brunette with wide eyes. She noticed and looked at them both before smiling a sweet smile and winking at them. She turned to the elevator, "Would anyone like to join me?"

When there wasn't an answer, she turned around to look at the group directly. Bailey was changing in front of everyone with the same confidence that Jade had, but Natalie had disappeared—probably to the bathroom to change in privacy.

"Boys?"

She gave them the invitation to go, but she had her doubts they would actually say yes to her proposal.

Bradley and Sam looked at Shawn, their leader, for his permission and Jade thought of how sad it was that two grown ass men had to ask permission from someone else to go somewhere or do something.

The egotistical leader of Apex rolled his eyes at them both before waving his hand in Sam's direction. "I don't trust her. Go."

Sam looked as he was about to cheer in triumph, but contained his cool and cleared his throat with a nod of his head toward Shawn. He followed the sexy leader of Bellona out of the HQ and into the elevator before rising to the top and leaving the empty restaurant.

She fished her keys out of her purse and clicked the unlock button for her car as she walked around to the driver door. As she grabbed the handle, Sam spoke up, "Can I drive? I've always wanted to drive a Lambo."

His tone of voice portrayed awe at the sight of the car and she smirked.

"No."

Her small hand lifted the door up and Sam followed her actions with a pout as they climbed inside of the beautiful matte black car. The engine rumbled to life before she sped out of the back parking lot and drove toward the best pizza parlor in the city, knowing it was still open at this hour.