Chapter 6: You're Not British?

With a maroon long-sleeved shirt and a pair of dark denim jeans on, Shawn sat in the main office of the construction company he started with his dad when he was in his early teens

He mostly worked in the office nowadays, due to the fact that he used to overwork himself and one day ended up passing out in the hot sun.

He worked on organizing the office, which had looked like it went through a tornado thanks to the last manager he had in the office.

He barely had a moment off of his feet. He kept moving around the office with papers and receipts. He was thankful to have a bluetooth in his ear that was connected to the company cell phone he carried in his pocket. With a quick press of a button, he could book another job and file paperwork at the same time.

It also gave him a good distraction from the night before. Losing that job, for his other occupation, was a disappointing feat for him. He knew he'd have to accept it, but it was still too soon for him to be over it.

Bradley and Sam were out in the field on a job, which was where Shawn wished he could be--rather than at the office filing paperwork.

The company was the only thing that Shawn had left of his father. Shawn's dad drilled it into his head that if there wasn't a neat and competent filing system, then the whole company could very well sink. And after the last manager screwed everything up and made a mess of Shawn's office, Shawn wasn't sure that he could trust anyone else to take care of the company from home base.

Shawn couldn't lose the company. He couldn't lose the last thing that he had of his father.

When Shawn was just 15 years old, he helped his father start and build up Apex Construction Inc. into the business that it was. Shawn knew his father wanted to start his own construction company, and finally, after Shawn turned 15, he decided that he would help his father finally get his dream.

So, the two of them worked really hard to get the idea off of the ground. With money that Shawn had saved from yard work he completed around his neighborhood since he was 12, and with the money that his dad had also saved from working construction for another company, the two of them filed the correct paperwork.