Chapter 8: Who's Next?

"So, we'll start with hand-to-hand combat, and then we'll go on to the more fun stuff, okay?"

Jade smiled sickly sweet at the man in front of her. It had taken an entire 24 hours for the two men to convince their leader that it was still a good idea to work with the girls. And even if he hated the idea of working with them, he was there the following afternoon to see exactly where everyone's strengths and weaknesses lay.

Sparring just so happened to be Jade's first idea, wanting to know how the men fought. And they agreed as they, too, wanted to know how the girls fought.

"And why do you get to go first?" Shawn asked the aggravating woman before following her towards their open floor that they often used to better their abilities.

She laughed softly as Natalie cut in, "Jadr's the best. She started this before we joined up and she's had a lot more training."

The man sighed, getting into a stance to start; as did Jade. Both stood with their legs shoulder width apart and their fists at their sides.

"Ready?" he asked the woman. Rather than responding, She leaped forward, landing a hard punch to the right side of his face.

Natalie and Bailey smirked, knowing Jade's first rule from experience and knowing she was about to tell the men that same thing.

"Rule number one: when you get into an actual fight, no one asks if you are ready. You must always be ready to go. Always prepare for the worst." Her voice shouted out as if she was a General in the army, giving her troops rules to construct them for war.

Shawn rubbed his now aching face, "You are fucking insane!" Jade walked up to him in a speedy manner, getting in his face.

"Yes, that may or may not be true," she mused nonchalantly, waving her hand dismissively at the man as if she had heard it all before--because she actually had--and she crossed her arms over her chest, "But I'm also smart. I've studied and experienced every fighting situation you could possibly be in. I learned to fight in many different styles all over the world for a couple years before I created Bellona."