Chapter 13

I woke up with the night sky. Ben was the first person I saw. He finally looked at me, and got me some supper.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"A few days. I was starting to get worried. What happened to you?" He asked.

"I gave him some of my life force and it healed him. I passed out because he was almost dead and that would've killed me if he died."

Then he looked at me with a little curiosity. I knew what he was about to ask.

"Why did you run away on the day of our wedding?" He asked with a little sadness in his voice.

"A lot of reasons. First, I thought it was too soon I had just started getting feelings for you. Second I literally had a little voice in my head saying not to. Then when I figured out why I don't know what happened. Now I kinda wish I had because none of this would be happening. Now why did you agree to marry me when you loved that girl, Annabelle?" I asked.

"I didn't love her. I loved you," he said. Then we were about to kiss when Ash came and interrupted it. I pulled back, but Ben stayed a few seconds longer.

"I heard voices and I thought you were awake. Just wanted to see if you were alright," he said with clear sadness in his voice.

"I'm fine. Thank you Ash," I said with regret in my voice. Ash heard the regret and didn't look so sad.

"Well I'm gonna go back," he said and left.

"You know he appears at the wrong moments all the time," Ben said.

"No he doesn't. I don't know what I was thinking. I shouldn't lead you both on like this," I said.

"Then choose me and forget him. You said it yourself you want to marry me," he said.

"I said I kind of wanted to marry you at the time. I only said that because I wasn't finished thinking. I love you Ben, but I think that I love Ash more, " I said. Then I realized," Go home Ben because now you don't have a reason to stay." Then I ran to Ash.

When I reached him he got up and looked surprised. I didn't say anything. All I did was go up to him and kiss him. Just then a sickening laugh came into earshot along with a ear-splicing scream. I knew it was Adrian, killing Ben. Ash and I started running, but we were too late. Ash couldn't heal him and neither could I. We were both still too weak with our healing from last time. They were still traveling while I was out, so I couldn't make it to the lake in time. I just went to Ben's side and put his head on my lap.

"You chose and I made sure you would regret it. You should've chosen me and I would've let them both live," Adrian said.

"You weren't an option for me," I said without hesitation and with anger and saddness.

"Well, say goodbye to Ben," he said and left.