Chapter- 13 (her)

Mom is doing a lot better than before. Doctors said she is responding very well to the treatment. They told it could have been worse if she had continued her drinking habit. All those years of part time jobs, my struggle to send her in rehab was not in vain.
I went back to my apartment to cook mom some of her favourite oatmeal and pancakes. I shower quickly and dress up. Last 2 weeks since the day mom was admitted in the hospital I have been very cautious with everything I do around her. It's like I have only one thing on my mind it's to make sure mom's happy.

As I reached UW medical centre I spotted Christian coming out of the entrance I paused for a moment

As I reached UW medical centre I spotted Christian coming out of the entrance I paused for a moment. He is definitely the last person I want to see now. I go inside and I noticed mom is doing something on her iPad I got her last birthday. The room is filled with beautiful flowers .

" hey mom ! Look ! I got your favourite breakfast." Mom doesn't reply. Then she talks finally. " Christian came to see you but you were gone . He brought flowers and he really apologized for everything "
Her expression is grim .
" okay , let's talk about it later. I have good news." I distract her .
" I think you should talk to him Jenny!" He looked very disappointed when you weren't here."
"mom it's okay I'll handle it later. The good news is Rose n Cassels is back on track and I bagged a huge deal yesterday from a European retail chain ! Today I have another meeting to do paperwork and meet a few more companies ."
" congratulations !! I am so proud of you ! I am sure you'll do great ! I am sorry I always hold you back... that's why you're aunt Amelia is coming here to take me back to Milan."
" But mom ! I want to take care of you! I can't leave you alone , I did it last time and I found you unconscious on the floor ! Mom you're not leaving!" "Genevieve I know you've been under a lot of stress for me , for your work and especially after what happened after that party. I'll be better , I have everyone to look after me and I don't miss out on Katrina 's wedding preparations too ! I'll go by the end of the week okay ? "
"okay fine ! But you promise me that you'll take care yourself !"
We finish our breakfast and mom takes a nap while I go to the office.
We have relocated to a more posh area of Seattle, one of my oldest clients helped me . He owed me a lot because my app totally revolutionized his company's progress.

I enter the meeting room and there he is ! Christian Grey looking a bit anxious as he wished me good afternoon. His dark eyes are still mesmerizing and for a moment I relaxed and switched on my business mode, a lot of executives and directors asked me about the plagiarism incident and they were convinced that it was false. They all signed different deals and agreed to all the conditions I asked. I am being extremely careful. Christian just observes my every move . I feel so nervous. At last he discusses about our old deal. I decided to say something. "Mr. Grey to be honest I feel like it's better if we don't work together I don't want to get into anymore trouble so here. " I give him a paper. A statement.
I had a legal statement which said that the app I made for him is now officially under his company and I have no share in it whatsoever.
Christian is shocked. His shoulders are tense. He is so transparent, he just doesn't know it . My fifty was like a mirror whatever he felt inside was predictable outside.
" Miss Cassels you can't do this. I believe that you didn't plagiarize anything."
My heart skipped a beat ! I can't believe he said that!
"Mr Grey I know that this app will do wonders if it's under your name. You have bigger influence than my company so there you go. If you'll excuse me, I have to attend a friend's birthday. Have a good day !"
I step out of the conference room and tell Dina about my plans. I call a cab to reach my apartment. I need to get changed , suddenly Christian came beside me .
" Genevieve we need to talk ! I have a lot to ask and I am very confused about everything."
" Mr Grey I am kinda busy now, I am free this evening so let's talk then."
"there's a restaurant at 5th avenue we can talk there. "
" okay then. I'll see you there ! "
I get into the cab and look at the reverse mirror I spotted Taylor talking to Christian ..
I give Danny his present. Danny is my half brother. My dad had an affair after he abandoned us. Danny was working to support his Mom too so when I found out I loaned him money to go to Law school. He is very talented and definitely passionate about being a lawyer.
Danny: " you're the best sister ever ! thanks !"
I got him a football kit, he is really good on field. I saw the letter on his desk that he was selected for interstate football league.
All his friends were praising him during the party. He is a scholar and an athlete. I feel proud.