chapter 6 (her)

Today's the D day ! My app launch event is taking place. I was so anxious before it. All the things have been arranged beautifully. I need to tell Christian, he needs to know the truth. These past few days has been hectic with launch event and especially collecting old records from places I've been to with Christian. I have kept my mind focused on him. It's not that I want him back desperately in my life because my personal life has nothing much to look on to but it's the fact that man was in my arms for almost 5 months, and I think I deserve a closure after what we've been through together. it'll be up to him to decide if he wants to resume our relationship. If not then I can finally move on with my life. I still can't believe that Ana would be a cheater. I always knew appearances can be deceptive. And I witnessed that myself. I put on some mascara and a light blush on my cheeks. I smiled to see myself on mirror my ombre  hair is falling artfully down my neckline and my dress makes me feel like a princess. I am wearing an Australian designer moda operandi dress , it's baby pink, it's ruffled and layered gown. I put some silvery pink eyeshadow and there I look great. I never thought I would wear such a beautiful dress thanks to Hailey's elder sister who's working as a partner with the designer and arranged this dress for me.

I reach the event in time as I am stormed by the paparazzi

I reach the event in time as I am stormed by the paparazzi. I am blinded by the flashes. I am shocked to see the beautiful chandelier and everything is so sleek and classic, just the way Christian likes it. As I step inside I am greeted by a thrall of people and I was handed a glass of barossa valley  wine . The wine is crisp and goes smoothly down my throat. And as I expected I see Christian with Ana talking to a bunch of mega millionaires , Christian is rocking his Dark Navy blue suit with a Slim Gray tie. I can never get over how much attractive he is. It's not his style or attitude which stands out, it's his expression, the way he looks at people eye to eye not afraid and not backing down. Ana is looking pretty and petite with dark green velvet gown.

I am sure Christian dressed her up

I am sure Christian dressed her up. I hate to admit it but they look happy together and somehow I want him to be happy even if it's without  me. Another CEO approached me he's around 40  and says -  you're as smart as you're beautiful. It's a pleasure to meet you. He suddenly takes my hand to shake and his other Hand is touching my elbow and I feel extremely uneasy I try to free my hand but he keeps asking questions  to make it longer. He lets my hand go as Christian appeared. Thank God . He looks at my flustered face and gives that old man a fuck off gaze. I am thankful for his alpha male attitude . He asks _ " was he troubling you ? " I nod slyly then again we both are swamped by businessmen and I noticed when I talked about my ideas to others Christian would observe like seriously I could feel his electric gaze he had a surprising look it's satisfying to me that  I can still amaze him surprise him . Just why it has to be this way? he still was intimidating especially around Ana and it seems she doesn't handle it well. There were times where he would look irritated. I remember how he was with me, he would be extensively possessive and even though I will be frustrated but I will handle it coolly and smartly,that was something which built the foundation of our relationship. Christian starts his speech and presents the app and explains it's benefits and the goals to achieve through the app. I answered all the questions, I knew everything about it , it's my baby. And I noticed a few shocked faces of a few so called geniuses and business tycoons who rejected it first because I am an amateur and this was a totally different approach. I finally get some alone time with Christian and I decide to ask him. It's a war and I know I'll be hurt after this battle anyways.
"umm, Christian I need to show you something, you have to  listen to me, it may sound absurd and definitely this is out of the blue but did you have an accident 3 months ago ? "
He looks puzzled, and tells " yes, I did. But That's none of your concerns."
I quiz him then " I am curious how did you crash, you seemed like a pro when you drove me home... do you remember how it happened ? "
He looks lost and angry
"what are you ? FBI ? Why does it matter to you Miss Cassels ? What does my accident have to do anything with you ?"
I finally pick up courage and finally say those words which wandered on my mind these last few weeks.
" because I was the one who was driving your car Christian."
He gave me a questioning look
" because I was your girlfriend...."