Shuntè followed my gaze and spotted him. "I think so. Where has his xxxtentacion ass been?"

"I don't know. But fuck him." I shrugged.

Shuntè looked at me with a plain face. "Fuck him? You know good and well you still think about him."

"I mean yeah, but I just don't think he's interested in me. I get weird vibes."

"Wellllll if you wanna know what's up, just go ask."

"Ask? Hell nah." I said crossing my arms.

"Shaky ass. You know that nigga weird. He probably doesn't even know how to talk to girls. I doubt he's ever had a girlfriend. Just go talk to the dude."

I bit on my top lip seeing Jacob watch the little girl slide down the slides.

"I don't know." I said.

"Girl. Go." Shuntè kissed her teeth pushing me. "You'll never know when you might see him again. The universe is doing you a favor. Y'all both are at this part for a reason." She laughed.

"Ugh. Fine." I said, slowly standing up and walking across the grass.

I was kind of scared low key. What if he ignores me or something.

Looking back at Shuntè she fanned me on.

I sighed and kept walking until I walked up behind Jacob.

"Jacob?" I said.

He quickly turned around.

My eyes instantly came across a few bruises on his face.

"Oh. Um. You..." he said lowly, pushing his shades up. "Hey."

I cleared my throat. "So um. What brings you here?"

"My little sister." He said bluntly, looking off at the jungle gym.

I nodded. "Oh cool cool."

He didn't reply

I stood there awkwardly, rocking back and forth.

"I haven't seen you at school in a few days. Everything ok?" I asked, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

He shrugged. "No."

I frowned. "No? What's going on? I-I mean not tryna get in your business or anything, but-"

"Why do you talk to me?" He cut me off.

I paused, taken back. "Huh?"

"Why the fuck do you talk to me? Everyone else act as if I don't exists, but you keep talking to me. Why?" He said bluntly.

I frowned. "U-um..."

Ok there was obviously some personal things going on with him.

"My life is already shit." He chuckled. "I mean that's nothing new. It's always been shit. It'll never get better."

"Jacob I-"

"You won't understand what the fuck I go through so don't try to." He cut me off sounding a little hurt.

I definitely wasn't expecting this...this went left hell's fast. What the hell?

"I know you don't know me like that, but do you like need to talk? Like vent about what's going on? I'm a good listener."

He shook his head. "Nah it's cool, I'd rather not."

Something was telling me that this boy needed somebody. Badly.

"Sometimes people just need to let things off of their chest. Sometimes it helps." I said.

He looked at me and down for a moment.

"You still have my number?" I asked.

He nodded.

"You can call me whenever you need someone to talk to. Or whenever you feel the need to talk." I said softly, trying to sound as serious as possible.

He didn't say anything, he just walked off, going over to the little girl he had came with.

I sighed and headed back over to Shuntè.

Now I felt kind of bad about the mindset I had about him. I really wonder what's going on with him.