Chapter 15: The Quill~Part 2

~~~

~Pinkie Pie~

Find the quill! Find the quill! Find the quilly quill!

All I have to look for is an old-looking feather pen that's zipping through the air and then catch it! Piece of cake!

As I skipped around the nonfiction section of the library, I could only see the tall brown bookshelves that looked like they reached to the ceiling. Golly! I never knew a library could be this huge before! Unless this is like the Tartarus in Doctor Who. Small on the outside but big on the inside!

I continued to skip for a while through the aisles just to see more books and even peeked through the open space on the shelves.

"Come on Mr. Quill! You gotta be here somewhere!" I said to aloud and picked a random book from a shelf. "Are you in here? In this....How to teach your Dog the power of Telepathy?"

And just like the first fifty bazillion times I looked in books, still nothing... Booooooo! But don't worry! I'll find this quill before any of us are caught! Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

I closed the book and placed it back on the shelf and continued to skip down the aisles. Jeez Louise! Somebody could get lost in here! One wrong turn and you're a goner! I kept scanning the insides and out of the books and of the shelves and still...nothing!

Darn it! This is harder than I thought!

I kept looking through the bookshelf spaces, inside the books themselves, and even climbed a big ladder to see if it was flying that high. And still nothing! I thought for sure I would at least spot the quill from this height!

I sighed and started to climb down the ladder, until a heard one of the steps making a giant creaking noise.

"Huh?" I said out loud and looked at the ladder step that I was standing on.

And before I knew it, I heard the step ladder break in half and making me fall down the tall ladder.

"Holy Cotton Candy!" I shrieked while I fell off of the ladder.

This is it for me! Pinkie Pie shall go splat!...in a library. I like to thank my older sister, I like to thank my new friends, the narrator that writes this thing, and everyone else who loves parties!! Goodbye cruel world!

Expecting myself to make a huge crack or some sort of splat sound when I hit the ground, I closed my eyes and accepted inevitable. I was ready to hit the floor until I felt something catch me, putting my fall to a sudden halt.

"Oh my pancakes! Pinkie are you ok?!"

I fluttered my eyes open to see my new buddy Cheese, holding me bridal styled as the light from above where he was standing was shining behind him. For some odd reason, I saw a little bit of a golden aura shining around him as he held me after I fell. His emerald eyes stared into my crystal blue ones for what seemed to be...an eternity! And then out of the blue, something really weird happened! All of a sudden I felt my cheeks burning up while hearing a loud thumping noise coming from chest!

Ok yes I know it's supposed to be my heart, but I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to hear it making noises loud enough for me to hear! Realizing that I didn't give Cheese an immediate answer, I shook my weird feeling and just gave a friendly smile.

"Super Duper!" I replied.

"Oh good! Whew! You gave me quite a scare!" Cheese said as he gently let me down.

"Hehe, sorry!" I chuckled nervously. "Guess it was just some bad luck that one of the ladder steps decided to break on me and almost send me falling to my doom."