Chapter 2: A Canterlot Train Ride

"Hair up...Hair down...Hair up? No, hair down!" A girl of 16 years asked herself as she stared at her reflection in her mirror while holding the ends of her hair.

Dressed in black heels, a black skirt, and a long sleeved white ruffled shirt, the girl looked into the mirror and observed her hair from all different angles. The girl's hair was a magnificent shade of violet, complimented with her natural curls at the end. Her complexion was as she as a marshmallow and her eyes were a sapphire blue. Although all of her packing was done, she ate breakfast, and she was ready to go, the only matter that needed to be accomplished was how her hair should look like on the first day.

"Oh blast!" She muttered and then turned around to a little girl who was sitting behind her. "Sweetie Bell! Hair up or hair down?"

"Hair down! You're not making anything plus your hair looks prettier when it's down." She replied while being up and walking closer to the mirror, watching her older sister let her hair down and running her fingers through it. "Rarity, does it even matter what your hair looks like on the first day?"

"It only matters if you want to make a good first impression darling. Besides, everyone dresses nicely on their first day of school. Even the boys dress nicely!" Rarity said as she finished preceding her hair and backed away a little to check her whole outfit.

"And also every single boy who's sent you a letter."

Rarity made a confused look on her face and turned to Sweetie Bell to see a stack of letters in her hands.

"Of course...can't possibly forget them..." Rarity said, dragging every word of her sentence.

It wasn't like receiving letters was a bad thing, and any girl would be overjoyed to receive letters from boys, but if getting let's from other boys doesn't include the one you ACTUALLY like then it could be a little boring after a while.

"Should I trash them?"

"Yes please, I need to get my carry on and my purse."

Rarity started to walk to her bed to grab her bags then proceeded to exit out of her room and into the hallway with Sweetie Bell following behind her. Once they made it into the living room, Sweetie Bell went into the kitchen and dumped the letters into the trash can. All at once, the letters came tumbling into the can to join the other letters that were already in there. With a slam of the lid, Sweetie Bell turned and walked over to her sister who was observing a 14 inch white box with a little ribbon that tied it shut.

"Sweetie Bell, do you know who this is for?"

"It's for you! From mom and dad!"

"Could've given it to me in person before I leave instead of leaving it here while they're on another cruise!" Rarity scoffed while looking at pictures of her dear parents and the place that they've gone to...without their two daughters though.

"Um...Rarity?"

"Yes?"

"I-I wanted to say...t-that it was I who customized it for you...mom and dad only paid for it...a-and if it's no trouble, you could open it before you go?"

Rarity looked at Sweetie Bell who was rubbing her hands in nervousness and staring at the floor. She bit her lip while not looking up at Rarity. As Rarity looked at her little sister, she lightly touched the end of the ribbon on the box and silently sighed as she started to open the box. After she untied the ribbon, Rarity opened the box to reveal a 12 inch wand that was white as snow all around except for the handle. The handle was encrusted with small gems of all different colors except for one small section that had words carved into it.