Chapter 23: Stupid with Love

~ ~ ~

"Aaaah. That felt so nice."

Twilight emerged from the bathroom, tying the strings of her pajama pants and then wrapping her soaked hair in a towel.

After taking a nice warm shower, washing the disgusting grease from your hair, all the worries and tired emotions off. It was nice to finally take a break from a day such as this. A break from tough classes, dramatic students, and pestering teachers was definitely needed after what occurred in Monsieur Discord's classroom.

That horrid scene infesting the student minds to turn away from studies and focus on juicy gossip and lore.  Though it was ignorant to think young people can do such a thing, it's not really thought upon if you get roped in.

In Twilight's case, however, the anticipated brawl was not even on her mind. Not even close! The only thing that came to her was that strange book that Fluttershy took from the underground. That odd chocolate-colored book with a gold anterior cover and a unicorn on its center was most intriguing to them. Though it caused her and Fluttershy to be sleep deprived for the remainder of the day, their curiosity kept them awake. But not as much like the series of short vignettes Twilight had during the course of the month.

A sort of anticipated and thrilled type of sessions that sent Twilight feeling an endless amount of hormonal energy.

As she entered the bathroom and started to brush her teeth, Twilight took short glances at her phone; expecting two things to occur; 1. A new message. And 2. The little ding that follows. However, she was met with disappointment that no new text message had popped up, as she narrowed her eyebrows downward in annoyance.

Not long after, a knock came at the door.

"One min-AGH!" Twilight's attempt to talk with a mouth full of toothpaste has failed miserably. She lunged forward with a gag as her hands gripped the edge of the sink. Though successful that she didn't die from the minty attack, she looked at her self in the mirror and rinsed her mouth. 'What's wrong with me?'

Before she could further expand her thoughts, she heard the knock again and ran over to the door, tripping along the way and opening it. For some odd reason her legs had resembled the movement of gelatin lately

"Oh Fluttershy! It's you!" Twilight chuckled.

Dressed in a pair of pale green pajamas with teeny little bunnies on them, and her hair damp from drying it with a towel, Fluttershy stood outside of Twilight's room holding her pillow close to her chest. Though her overall appearance indicated an immediate slumber, Twilight noticed her shaky legs and the way her fingernails dug into her pillow as she grasped it. She could tell she was spooked, so she motioned her to enter. Within a moment Fluttershy rushed in and sat on Twilight's bed; to which she didn't mind.

"H-Hi." She sheepishly greeted. "I'm sorry to disturb you for such intrusion, but when I came out of the shower, I noticed that Pinkie and Rarity were gone and I..."

"And you...?"

"...I got scared when I realized I was alone." A whimpered escaped her throat as she held the pillow tightly and stuffed her face in it.

"Scared?" Twilight chuckled and raised an eyebrow. "But I'm still here! And Rainbow Dash and Applejack are next door right?"