Chapter 3

I pressed the clipboard to my chest as I took another walk through the apartment. It had been just a few hours after receiving the news and the boys room was almost done. I walked into the first room, it had two large queen beds that had big white comforters on them, they were sat  across from a dresser with a flatscreen on it. My feet carried me through the other rooms matching this one then back into the kitchen. It was done. Everything was set. 

The maids were leaving when Chris walked into the room followed by Maddie.

"This is so much nicer than my place.. can I live here too?" Maddie spun around in the living room.

"I told you you can always stay with me Mads. There wi"

"I might just say yes"

"Yay slumber party!" Chris shrieked

Maddie could be a Collins for how much time she spent with us. Chris and her got along better than I did with him. He claims it's because she is his ginger friend and I'm weird.

She was the first friend we made here when my Dad bought the club. Chris and I had been playing soccer out on the lawn and he claimed my goal didn't count so he picked up the ball. I screamed at him and tried to pull the ball out of his hands but my fingers slipped and his elbows went flying backward and he elbowed Maddie in the face. He felt so bad he cried for her and she picked up the soccer ball and chucked it at his face and called them even.

"What time will they be here tomorrow?"

"My dad said around 5:00."

I stood at the other side of the counter that Maddie and Chris sat at. Chris looked interested in something on his phone as he sat back in his chair.

"Do I have to go to the dinner thing tonight?" I asked Chris as I threw an apple up and down

"Yeah, I think Dad would want us both present."

He slouched back further in his hair and I spun the small fruit bowl as I talked. Maddie looked up at me with her puppy dog eyes.

"Can I go to the dinner with you guys?"

"Yeah sure." A smile took over my face as I turned to my brother. " You're Christophé's plus one."

"Who said I had to bring the ginge?!" He looked up from his phone.

"What Christian? Are you racist towards gingers?" Maddie said smacking the back of his head.

"Yes Madds, i though we went over this, you're Pansy's plus one"

"Kay then your taking John." I shrugged. "You can wear matching shirts and go as a-"

"So Madds should i match my tie with your dress?" Chris asked.

"Thats what I thought." I smiled happy with the outcome of this apartment.

My vans smacked against the wood floor as I walked out followed by my bother and the ginge. I walked the opposite way of the beach to the main buildings where I would double check that everything was ready for their arrival.
It was a long walk and by the time I opened the front door to the building I was glad to be greeted by the AC. I made a left and walked up the grand stair case down the hall to the last room.

I was met with the face of our young co-manger. He was only a few years older than me so it wasn't like talking to an old man. I took a seat on the end of the table and he looked up at me through his hipster glasses.
I couldn't lie about how hot he was, but engaged isn't really my type. He leaned back in his chair placing his hands over his head.

"Hello."
"Back again?" He pressed his lips into a thin line.
"Yeps I missed you."

He mumbled something to himself leaning back towards his computer. I snapped it shut and he rolled his eyes.