Chapter 2

I woke up in my bed and swung my feet around into my deep purple fuzzy Ugg slippers. I grabbed a sweatshirt off the back of my bedroom door on my way out, walking down the hallway proved to be difficult. I dragged my head against the wall pinching my eyes closed as the hangover hit me like twenty five million elephants falling onto me. I plastered a smile onto my face as I entered the kitchen.

Maude was cooking at the stove well my father was perched at the island sipping black coffee and reading today's headlines. His thick framed glasses fell low on his nose and he was in his usual attire, suit pants and a blue button-up.

I pulled myself up in a seat next to him just as Maude pushed a yellow omelet into my eyesight. I went to reach for it when she turned around to flip the bacon. It was like the woman had eyes in the back of her head, she whipped around to slap my hands away.

"Yours is up next." She glared at me. "Mr. Collins you should get going, you have a meeting today at ten."

"Yes, you are right." Dad cleared his throat. "Thank you Maude. Ans, honey, I will be back later tonight. I would like you here for dinner." My father said kissing my head and picking up his bag off of the ground.

"I'm not making promises, but I will try." I said dragging the plate with the yellow-folded-pancake-looking egg back towards me.

"As long as you try I will be happy." Dad said gulping down the rest of his orange juice.

"Have a nice day." I waved breaking off a piece of bacon.

Before the meat came even close to my mouth Maude snatched it out of my hand putting it in a to-go container with the omelette and handed it off to my dad on his way out. She gave him an award winning smile and then went back to the stove.

"Well then Maude." I glared. " I guess I will just sit here and end up dying of starvation." I dramatically got of my chair and dropped to the floor.

"Guess so Ans." She said her accent coming through.

I laid on my back looking up at our white ceiling when a huge foot crushed my face. The nasty ass foot cut off my oxygen supply and my nails instantly dug into the owner of the foot. Chris jumped away from me in a swift movement causing him to crash into the chair behind him.

"Ew!" I shrieked wiping my hands over my face "Maude did you see that?!" I shrieked. "Christophe infected my beautiful face!"

"Maudie did you see Pansy scratch me with her claws ?!" My brother yelled in a high-pitched voice.

"Fuck you! You deserved it!" I glared getting to my feet.

"Ainsley Elizabeth Collins! Your trucker mouth will eat nothing if you don't apologize." Maude hissed at me.

"I apologize for swearing at you Christophe will you ever forgive me oh mighty brother of mine?" I mumbled out, stirring my omelette around on the plate.

"All is forgiven Pansy." Chris snickered sliding into the seat next to me.

Maude slid Chris his scrambled eggs then put a plate of bacon in between us. I elbowed Chris just as he lifted the fork to his mouth and the food of his fork landed on the table. I smiled at the small victory.

I watched as he calmly place down his for and picked up the small piece of egg up. Just as he was about to put it into his mouth he gave it a side toss and it landed in my hair then fell to the floor. I went to pick up a piece of my food when the next piece of egg he threw stuck to my forehead for a few seconds before falling to the table.

"Fuck you." I muttered between gritted teeth.
"How's the hangover?"
"Less of a bitch than you are."

I walked into our laundry room and picked up a beach towel and continued back into the kitchen. Maude was cleaning up well Chris was talking to our friend Madeleine. Her red hair held two different shades because of the sun and she didn't notice as I walked into the room.

I say "our" friend because apparently when you and your brother are Irish twins you are required to share certain friends. Apparently.

I took her pale freckled wrist into my hand as I headed towards the door. We took the elevator to the small lobby and walked outside. Our shoes met the red bricks that lined the parking lot to the beach club. The bricks were scattered in a pattern and different shades of red, but as I always said to my father red bricks are red brick no matter what pattern or shade you put them in.

After our short walk we were greeted by Casey at the front desk. Unlike most of the kids she recognized me and there was no signing in because to me everything here wasn't only free, it was mine. Well it was Dad's, but you know the saying, if he dies it's all mine.

Every thing from the pools to the large stretch of beach to the restaurant was owned by my father. Wychmere Harbor Beach Club was my summer home and it was pretty damn nice.

My small circle of friends was known as a "posse" apparently to most of the adults around the beach club. Ever one had their place. There was my posse, The Puma Posse according to the group of guys that always seemed to hang around us.

We were called that because one of my friends dated a guy two years younger than her and was then given the title of a cougar.

I had yet to actual date anyone at the beach club because I thought that if we were to split that it would be awkward to see them every summer.

"I wish I knew more celebrities." Cassidy whined coming up beside Maddie and I.

"Cat, Adam Sandler just shot his movie here last year and you got to be an extra. You met plenty of famous people." I pointed out.

"Yeah but Ans you got to spend the whole day with his kids." She retorted.

"True we were all so jealous they liked you so much." Kelley said popping out of a cabana.

We all made our way to one of the larger tables that the rest of us were seated at. It was me then around clockwise sat Maddie, Cat, Kelley, Hanna, Paige and to my left Gwendolyn. We all where in random conversations when Lauren, one of the waitresses, walked over to our table. She was on my the shorter side and her blonde curls sat on her white and blue uniform. She also had a pair of sunglasses sitting on her nose.

"Morning ladies nice to see you. What would you like?" Lauren smiled at us.

"Just probably a round of waters. A plate of fries, three strawberry-decries and four manager specials." Gwen announces looking around the table.

"Sounds good ladies and I'm guessing this is under Collins." Lauren says looking towards me.

"Yep" most of us say at once.

Our drinks come quick and well we were in the middle of discussing who would die first in the hunger games if it was the beach club my phone buzzed from my back pocket. I clicked my center button to find a text message from my dad on top of a bunch of blue twitter notifications. I slid the message across the screen unlocking my phone.

Mon Péré: Ansley, just as you mentioned to me this past spring, I have decided to get the beach club onto social media. For the rest of the summer on the floor bellow us we will be hosting guests. I will send you the link to the guests who will be staying with us. They are all from the app called Vine. It seems fast , but they will be arriving tomorrow night. I need you to make sure that every requirement for their stay is met. Thanks again Ans.

I clicked on the attachment that was sent under the text message. It was an email with a list of names in bolded letters. As I read over them for the fifth time I screamed pulling Maddie up with my jumping up and down hugging her.

My phone was taken out of my hand and they all started to jump up with me shouting and screaming. I took deep breaths calming myself down then looked around at the other members staring at us as if we murdered some one in front of them.

"Sorry!" I addressed them. "We saw a bug."

"Yep. Big bug."

"We killed it though."

There was so much planning to be done! I thought to myself.