Seven: Knives Upon A Dirt Path

Julia: I was standing on a hill; the grass was high and went to my knee. A warm breeze blew through here. The sky was blue and the clouds were just small patches. In the distance all you could see were more pastures of grass; blowing like the ocean.

Though the scenery was so beautiful and dreamy; I felt cold and unnerving. As if something was wrong with this picture.

“Hello.” A velvety voice said; I almost thought it was just the wind.

I turned; half expecting it to be Jonathan or Loup, but as soon as I saw the face I knew that was an impossible idea. A girl who looked to be my age stood in front of me.

Her hair was long; thick and curly; twisting around her face like a lion's mane and the color of carmine. It was dark and shined like a halo of splattered blood around her. The girl's skin was a pale golden tone; an odd contrast to her hair that stopped a little past her narrow shoulders. She had curves; a slightly big bust and an hour glass figure.

The girl was gorgeous; looked as if she belonged on a cover of some fashion magazine. She had high demanding cheekbones; the type that insinuates the structure of her small face. Her lips were a dark red; plump. She had a small nose; like a button. Her eyes were large and almond shaped; and they were the exact color of honeydew; so bright and yellow, yet had a creamy gold mixture to it. She wore a white flowing dress that went all the way to her ankles and looked of thin fabric with it's long draping sleeves.

“Hi.” I said; not sure of myself. Why would I be dreaming about a pretty girl? This isn't my subconscious telling me something, is it?

She smiled; it made her look younger and perhaps even prettier. “You're Julia, aren't you?” Her voice was so tranquil.

I nodded, “Yeah, and you are?” I asked; a bit leery.

“Oh, my name is Tatiana.” She bowed; kneeling and lifting both sides of her dress like some kind of royalty.

I laughed, “Okay...Tatiana, who are you?” My subconscious is getting weird.

She sighed with a small grin, “That is a hard question to answer.” Her eyes went to mine.

“What is even more curious is who are you?” Her eyes looked at me from my head to my toes; examining me.

Tatiana walked closer to me; as if I were some sort of model or unusual experiment. Then she suddenly grabbed my burnt arm; her fingers lightly grazing my Mark.

She giggled, “So, you are the one.” She let go of my hand and stood in front of me with her head cocked to the side.

“The one?” I looked at my arm. “Are you talking about that whole I'll bring the werewolves and Guardians together thing?”

Her thin eyebrow raised, “Is that what they told you?” She laughed. “You are such a naive little girl.”

Her shoulders shrugged. “I suppose this fight will be easier then I thought.”

“What are you talking about?”

Tatiana smiled gently at me; as if I were a child. “There are always two sides to everything; a flip side of a coin....evil and good.” She put her slender finger on her chin. “What is it they call it?...Ah, Yin and Yang.”

I backed away, “What do you mean?”

“Julia, you are the polar opposite of me; my flip side.” She said simply.

“I don't understand.” I mumbled.

Tatiana nodded, “As suspected.” Her lips pouted a bit. “It won't be tough killing you; I thought it would be a challenge killing such a powerful Guardian; especially when you have so much divine power.”