Six: Fire Entrapped Moon

I wanted to know who do you guys like better; Jonathan or Loup? I'm just curious. So, tell me which one you like better and if you want tell me why

Loup: I stood on the dead leaf porch; staring at the forest. I looked at my clothes; something I've worn two times in a row. I needed new clothes, which was pointed out to me by Julia.

She tried to make me go to this place called the Mall in the city. I told her simply that I could not go because Jonathan and I were escaped prisoners.

Jonathan appreciated that I got him out of shopping too. So, Julia went with Donny and George, since apparently she needed supervision. From what I saw she seemed capable of protecting herself and that she really didn't want to be near Donny, since he still hasn't told her about the Mark. Even though it happened yesterday she can be very impatient.

The sun was low; colors passing through the sky like an oil painting. I looked to the north and saw a passing storm; it looked so vibrant and dark mauve. The wind swept through the edging forest; sending the pumping blood of a deer ten miles away in my nose.

I took a deep breath; tasting the evaporating scent in my mouth. I turned back to the house. The only one's here were Jonathan, of course, George (who were both playing in the courtyard), and that odd girl; Rosa.

I'm sure I can escape awhile without anyone really caring, plus Jonathan will know where I am. I think I taught him to use his nose well enough.

I walked off the porch; kicking some leaves out of the way. I calmly walked to the edge of the forest; enjoying the cool feeling of the grass on the palm of my feet.

When I was under the canopy of the large trees I began to remove the soft thin white shirt; feeling the breeze soak into my skin. I placed the shirt by an opening in the roots of a tree along with my jeans and boxers.

I stretched and felt my nerves rise as the sun began to fade. Wolves transform best at night; maybe it's because we are nocturnal.

I felt the ripple; the slight ecstasy from the change. I bent forward on my knees and hands; it growled with in me until I had no hands. My bones misshapen and reformed; a painful bliss erupted my body.

Then I turned into the black wolf that I carry within me; my other form.

I wiped the blood from my mouth and looked down at the blood and dirt smeared on my chest. I sighed and pulled some of the deer's stomach out of my sweaty matted hair. I went to the tree and pulled on my boxers and pants.

As soon as I had the zipper up Rosa appeared from behind a tree. I suppose I couldn't smell her because of the bloody meat haze I'm under.

I clear my throat and wish I looked a bit decent. “Rosa, what are you doing out here?”

She gaped at the blood; her light eyes huge and a bit disgusted. Yet, she sounded so kind. “I wanted to speak to you.”

I grabbed my shirt, “Let me take a bath and then we will talk.” I walked past her, but her yellow leather gloved hand pushed me back.

“No, I need to talk to you now.” Rosa's eyes stared at my hair. “You have some....deer...skin.” She used her own blond head as an example of where it was.

“Sorry, please forgive.” I quickly threw the skin on the ground.

“It's alright; you just....you know, came from a hunt, so.” She bit her lip. “Anyway, I have to tell you something. Well, technically, I need to ask you something.” She spoke fast.

“What is it you want to know?” I asked carefully, since Rosa obtained all of my memories.

I've done many things that could be brought to question.