"I, um.." I rack my brain for an excuse. My eyes stay glued to the sky.

There is no way I can tell Nova about my.. my thing. He wouldn't understand anyways, he probably wouldn't even care.

"I... have to go call my cat!" I blurt and run.

Lies.

"You... don't have a cat?" Nova responds in a questioning tone but that doesn't stop me. This girl's gotta skedaddle!

For whatever odd reason, the Pokémon theme song pops into my mind.

Gotta catch 'em all.

I run into the classroom, panting.

"I can't breathe!" I flop into the classroom dramatically. Everyone looks at me weirdly.

"You guy do not want to walk in the hallway. Bigfoot is out there." I point towards the door, and they all roll their eyes and get back to their chatter.

Lies, again.

I skip to my seat and wait for the class to start. The door starts to open and I look up.

"Please don't be Nova, please don't be Nova," I whisper, crossing my fingers under the desk. I cross my legs and my toes as well.

Then, no other than Nova walks in and struts right towards me looking like he could hurt a poor, innocent fly.

One fly equals, one prayer.

"Why did you run off like that? I wasn't done talking to you." he snarls and yanks the seat out, sitting down. I sheepishly smile at him and wave Cole over.

"Your best friend is going to kill me," I tell him and he chuckles. "Save me,"

"Hey, you guys are acting like a real couple," Cole says as he sits down. He gives Nova a nudge, and Nova's cheeks turn red.

"Trust me," I say, "He wants nothing to do with me. If he only had one bullet, and the choice to shoot me, you or him, he'd shoot me." I explain. Cole snickers while Nova nods.

I laugh, "The guy doesn't even deny it."

"'Cause you're annoying," he states and I smile. My eyes wander to the windows, and I could hear my own heartbeat over the loud chatter.

I watch the raindrops slowly fall, and my palms begin sweating again. "Frost?" Cole brings me out of my mind, "You okay?"

"Yeah.. yeah I'm fine.." I answer with a nod. "Just... fine."

"Matthews, if there's something you need to tell us..."

"I'm fine! Don't worry," I try reassuring them with a smile. Cole shares a look with Nova. Nova glances out the window and me.

"If you say so," Nova mutters just as Mr. Earl walks in.

I huff out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

This day is going to suck.

The whole time during classes, I couldn't focus on any class work. Nova wrote down my notes for me, which shocked me.

I hold the lunch my dad packed, speed walking in the opposite direction of the windows. Nova, Cole, Kai, and Iris all give me a weird look as I walk past them.

I walk to the table in the far corner, away from everyone and all the windows. I sit down and start searching through the bag.

I pull out a chicken sandwich.