Chapter 11

Background Music:
Gummy - Moonlight Drawn By Clouds

-
No One Pov

The following morning, Sooji was out in the garden, helping Baek-Hee water the plants and flowers. "Lady, did you hear Silla's king is actually one of the Hwarang" Baek-Hee said as she water the plants. "Who was it" Sooji asked, "Jidwi" Baek-Hee said, "What?! He lied to me, I knew I was right" Sooji said out loud.

"Please quiet down, Lady" Baek-Hee said as she hush Sooji. "Is there any way for me to visit him" Sooji whispered to Baek-Hee. "I knew you are going to ask that" Baek-Hee said as she smiled at Sooji. "That's why, he wrote a letter for you himself" Baek-Hee said as take out an envelope from her hanbok.

"Thank you Baek-Hee" Sooji said as thank Baek-Hee and ran to the river garden pavilion to have privacy. When Sooji got there, she went to sat at a table and quickly open the envelope and took out the letter.

You must've been so surprised and confused to hear such news am I right..?

I'm sorry I lied to you that I wasn't the king

It was because I was scared and I'm afraid my mother would hurt you

I haven't heard from you for a long time now

I missed you a lot

I'm still waiting for you

After reading the the letter from Jidwi, Sooji put the letter back in the envelope and put it in her hanbok. "Should I run away" Sooji said as she got up. "Why are you running away" Wang So asked. Sooji gasped then turn to see Wang So, "Who's running away, I don't know what you're talking about" Sooji said as she sat back down. "Don't think about running away from the palace" Wang So said as he went to sit in front of Sooji.

"Don't say that I belong to you again" Sooji said changing the topic. "I'm not an item you can claim like that, I'm a human" Sooji continued saying. "Then how about you're my person" Wang So said as he smirk at Sooji. "I don't know what's gotten into you but don't say anything like that again" Sooji said as she look away. "I actually want to step up our relationship" Wang So said. "Pardon?" Sooji asked.

"I like you" Wang So simply said, "I never ask for your heart, your highness" Sooji said as she look at Wang So. "It's okay" Wang So said as he sigh. "Please rethink your feelings" Sooji said as she got up and left.

-

Sooji was walking towards her room when she overheard a conversation between Wang Jung and Wang Eun. Sooji went to hide behind a pillar and eavesdrop to their conversation.

"Hyung-nim, did you heard that our Baek Ah got a girl pregnant and now he must to marry her" Wang Jung said, "Really?" Wang Eun asked, "I never thought he do that when he likes Sooji" Wang Jung said, "He likes her but yet he done that" Wang Eun said as his face hardened. "I heard that he is going to marry her in a couple days too" Wang Jung said.

"Jung ah, I can't have Sooji but please protect her for me" Wang Eun said as he look at Wang Jung. "I promise I will" Wang Jung said as he smile to Wang Eun, assuring he will.

"Let's go, the king say he needs to give us some news maybe it's about Baek Ah" Wang Jung said as Wang Eun and him made their way to meet the king. Sooji who was hiding got out behind the pillar and stare at the floor blankly. "He promised he will marry me when we were little" Sooji said weakly as he walked to wherever her feet takes her.

-

It was late and Sooji was at the garden pavilion alone, thinking about life. "Did he also lied to me about being my childhood friend too" Sooji asked herself. "Selfish" Sooji said as she scoff. "Liar" Sooji said as anger boil up in her.