Chapter 2

Background Music: Kim Ju-Na - Divine Intervention

-
No One Pov

"Lady, are you awake yet" Baek-Hee said as she knock on Sooji's door. Sooji who was deep in her sleep, didn't hear Baek-Hee. "I'll ask again, Lady are you awake yet" Baek-Hee said but got no response so she went to do some morning chores.

After a while, Sooji finally woke up. "What time is it" Sooji mumbled as she stretched her body on her bed as she groan. "I must've woke up late again" Sooji said as she sat up on her bed. "I forgot to close the window again" Sooji said as she got up to close the window in her room.

"Two more days then I will be a servant to a person I don't know" Sooji said as she sigh. It's not like Sooji isn't close with the princes, she is, she is actually the only girl that's close to the princes. Sooji just haven't met the 4th prince yet.

"Should I ask Baek-Hee for advice" Sooji said to herself. "Okay, I should" Sooji said then changed from her night gown to her hanbok.

-

After getting ready, Sooji went out of her room then off to find Baek-Hee. "Where could she be" Sooji said to herself as she look around for Baek-Hee.

Without Sooji knowing, an arm sling around Sooji's neck and shoulder. Her eyes widened then turn to see the person. "It's good to see you back" Wang Eun said as he smiled to Sooji. "Ya, you scared me" Sooji said as she removed Wang Eun's arm from her and turn to face him.

"Have you seen Baek-Hee" Sooji asked him, "I think I saw her in the princes garden watering the plants" Wang Eun said. In the palace there was many gardens and one of them belongs to the princes only.

"Thank you" Sooji said with a smiled on her face then ran to the garden. "Ya, we were supposed to hang out today Sooji" Wang Eun shouted to Sooji but Sooji just kept going. "You were supposed to hang with me and not go away" Wang Eun said to himself as he pouted then went back to one of the library that belongs to the princes.

-

"Where did you go" Wang Jung asked Wang Eun when he saw Wang Eun walking in the library. "I was supposed to be with my Sooji today but she went somewhere else" Wang Eun said as he pouted. "Sooji isn't yours" Baek -Ah said. "She isn't yours either" Wang Eun said back to Baek Ah.

"Enough" Wang Yo shouted, that made everyone silent. It was silent so Wang Wook decided to break the ice. "I heard that each of us will have a personal servant soon, since the new eunuchs haven't arrive and is enough yet" Wang Wook said. "I also heard that the minister's daughter will be the one that serves us" Wang Jung said.

"I heard the king was the one that chose the servant for each of us too" Wang Wook said. "I hope I get Sooji" Wang Eun, Baek Ah, and Jung said at the same time.

Right at that moment, Wang So entered the library. He made everyone silent and stiffened up when he walked in and sat at a table in front of the princes. Wang Yo who wasn't really pleased to see Wang So got up from his seat. "I don't feel good today" Wang Yo said then left.

-

Sooji finally reached the garden, and from a far distance she saw a figure. "That must be Baek-Hee over there" Sooji said as she pant from running then ran over to where the figure is at. 

When Sooji reaches the place she think Baek- Hee is, she called out her name. "Baek-Hee ah" Sooji said while panting. Baek-Hee turn around to see Sooji tired, out of breath. Baek-Hee dropped the cup ladled which is use for watering plants and ran to Sooji's side. "Lady are you alright" Baek-Hee asked with worry.

When Sooji was becoming more at rest she sat on the grass and Baek-Hee did the same thing. "Lady, are you fine" Baek-Hee asked again. "I'm alright now" Sooji said as she is more less tired. "Baek-Hee, I'm sure you heard that each of the minister's daughters would be a servant to the princes" Sooji continued. "I did" Baek-Hee said. "So, tell me what should I do as one" Sooji said as Baek-Hee eye's widened. "You got chosen?!" Baek-Hee asked.

"Unfortunately, yes I did" Sooji said as she sigh. "Do you know who you will be with" Baek -Hee asked. "The 4th prince, but I don't even know him or how he looks like" Sooji said. "He is, well, I hope he treat you good" Baek-Hee said as she isn't willing to say the truth about the 4th prince since she don't want Sooji to have a harder time.

"Tell me what should I do as one" Sooji asked.

"Well, you should bring him his meals, wash his clothes, follow his words, do everything he say, be next to him every time, do everything together with him" Baek-Hee said.

"That's a lot to remember but thanks" Sooji said as she sigh and got up. "I'll get going then" Sooji said as she walked away.

"I hope you're fine, Lady" Baek-Hee said as she look at Sooji getting farther away.

-

It was late and Sooji was walking around town in deep thoughts. Streets were still full of people, but Sooji didn't notice some people coming up behind her. Sooji was then dragged by two strong men.

They ended up in the middle of the forest, "Let me go" Sooji yelled out loud as she try to get away from their grip. As soon as the two men removed their arm from Sooji, she then felt free until pulled into someone's chest. there Sooji felt something cold being held at her neck. A sword.

The person hissed "Don't make a sound, or I'll kill you."

Sooji Pov

I was scared out of my wits and fisted my hanbok tightly. "Where are the Princes" He said, "I- I don't know..." I stuttered, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks and he sent a kick to the back of my right knee.

I let out a scream of pain and fell to the ground. He yanked my hair and I started crying. Suddenly, someone  came into sight, it is him, the guy with the mask.

He held out his sword at the man behind me and said "Kill her." My eyes widened and he repeated himself "I said, kill her." The next moment, he pointed the sword to me and said "Or do I have to do it myself?" The man huffed and pressed the sword deeper into my neck. It was beginning to draw blood.

I whimpered in pain and the man was suddenly tackled to the ground. The guy with the mask stabbed the guy who was behind me then grabbed the man's sword and left.

I sighed and said "Cold, heartless and ruthless indeed." I was clutching my neck to stop the bleeding and ran to the palace then to my room before someone see me. When I was about near my room, someone shouted my name.

"Lady Sooji" I heard Baek-Hee shouted, as I turned and saw Baek-Hee running towards me. "I'll get the doctor right now" Baek-Hee said, from afar I can see Baek Ah running towards my way.

"What happened" Baek Ah said as he saw Sooji. "Take care of Lady, I'm going to get a doctor" Baek-Hee said as she ran off to get a doctor. Baek Ah then bridal carry me then took me to my room.

I was starting to slip in and without me knowing I slipped out of consciousness.