Chapter 27 - Love & Lust

👆🏼 (a previous of the next chapter)

A/n: All of you who haven't seen/read/heard about the exceptional, outstanding, emotional, erotic masterpiece that is 'Call Me By Your Name', you should go and see that movie ASAP. It gave me all the feels and broke my heart to pieces from how beautiful and deep and rare love can truly be when you find 'the one'. I just.... fuck my life, enough spoilers, this was the first movie that ever got me heartbroken and crying non-stop like it happened to me, go watch it. Also, the book is amazing as well. I weeped all night reading it while listening to the incredible soundtrack. Just wow 👏🏼👏🏼

P.S: I got really sick that's why it took me longer to update.

P.S.S: Do you like the chapter covers? Because I feel like they give the whole chapter away...

Please comment more on my chapters, babes. It costs you nothing to share your opinions/reactions and it means the world to me and I always read them. 💖🙏🏼

*************

Song: LOVE. - Kendrick Lamar feat. Zacari

Harry sits down on the generously inclined, plush seat of Louis' Porsche, looking out the window at the echoing grey garage, which smelled of tires and concrete. His hands wanders over his lap while he discusses with himself whether he should turn the radio on or not; if Louis would take long or not. In a "screw it" mood, his index finger lands on the digital On/Off button and a unknown song blasts through the surrounding speakers. The quality and bass of the sound was so outstandingly good it felt like it flit out of his own ribcage. Harry only leans back, in delight, absorbing the idiosyncratic flow and the way the male singer longed for love and kept begging for it, despite all the inevitable traps and obstacles that the relationship faced.

Soon enough his prayers are heard and Louis opens the door in a haste when he least expects; when he was almost secretly drifting asleep.

"Sorry if I took a while." He says, lighly out of breath as he threw his suitcase behind his seat. "Amelia was bugging me about making extra hours and every time I tried to leave she started talking, and, ugh."

Harry sees him roll his eyes, tight grip on the wheel as he ignited the car. There was a feeling of pity growing in his heart for Louis. He could imagine how stressful and exhausting his work was - coexist and communicating with all types of people all day long, sitting on the same chair in the same office every week day, always having to be emphatic and nice to everyone, bringing people's problems home... He could never work in those conditions. And now it was him who demanded even more from Louis - from the secrecy of the relationship to the sensual rendezvous in his free time.

Deep down, he wanted to ask him if he wasn't being a burden in his life in some way, if what they were doing was honestly alright and mutual. But what if the answer was an ambiguous "I'm not sure", "I don't know"? What if he ended up ruining the moments of ease and happiness with unnecessary worries?

"It's okay." Harry chuckles as he imagines the scene, shaking his thoughts away. They always slowly killed him reasonless.

It took him a minute to realize the car hadn't moved and Louis was now staring at him, as if he all of a sudden realized something was malfunctioning inside him.

"I think my mum really likes you." Harry confesses, trying and wishing and hoping Louis would engage in that thematic and not dodge his question. He wanted Louis to see that he didn't want to be asked about it. And, as miraculously as that, he doesn't. And Harry doesn't have to wonder if he thought it was all in his head after all or if Louis indeed decided against it, because he could see it in the weight of his gaze.