Chapter Nine- Under the Stars and the Moon

"Dinner on the rooftop? Oh my! Jay! This is...This is wonderful!! So romantic!" I went towards Jay to give him a hug. This is the most romantic date I've ever been!

There were lights strung around the roof top and candles near the dinner table. Roses and lilies were everywhere. It looks like it's from a scene from the movie.

"Whaa. How did you do this? How is it possible that you're single?" I turned to Jay. He smiled.

"Well, I actually had some help. You see, I really like you Em."

"I have a feeling there's a 'but' in this?"

Jay sat me down on the chair and knelt down. My heart began to race faster. What the heck is he doing?

"Oh my gosh! You better not be doing what I think your doing! We are on our first date!"

Jay looked at me. "Oh no! I'm not!"

"It better be. You'll hear a 'No' from me if you were to ask!"

"Am I not manly for you? I scored pretty high on your check list. I remember I'm the only one who met most of your points." he grinned and gently took my hands.

"Okay, back to what I was saying. I really like you and I think if we pushed on we could last. But I need to know how you feel."

"I do like you Jay. But c'mon, you can't expect me to have strong feelings for you when we've only hung out a couple of times. What kind of date is this?" I got kind of confused on what this whole thing was. It was a romantic setting with candles and lights, but with the serious questions made it feel awkward.

"What about Nathan? Do you have feelings for him? I promise not to be mad or anything, I just want to know." Jay held my hands tightly. How am I going to answer this? I don't even know how I feel about Nathan.

"Well, I do. I like him a lot. Although he doesn't meet my check list, he's great! He's a gentleman, there's no doubt about that. I can talk to him about everything. With him, I can be an open book and I know he won't judge me for my weirdness. He does irritate and annoy me a lot though. I have no idea where leading to?" I stared at Jay as he smiled.

"I know where I stand." Jay stood up and let go of my hand.

"What do you mean?" I'm seriously confused with what Jay is doing to me.

Jay sat on the opposite side of the table. "You'll find out soon enough. But I do want to know how you feel about me?"

"Jay, you're kind and the sweetest person out there. You always look out for me. You make me laugh."

"It sounds like you're describing your brother." Jay looked disappointed.

"Jay, I don't understand what's going on? I do like you."

"Okay. To be honest, I really do like you, but there's so much pressure towards me to date you. Don't get me wrong. You've met all my qualities of a perfect girl, but there's that one thing that affects everything. There's no spark. I also really don't want to hurt you. Gabe will kill me if I do. But I'm not sure if this will last. Sorry Em."

I was shocked to hear this. "What the heck is this? Bring me to dinner then ditch me before we eat? You should've just left me at home and not bring me on this date!" I was so mad I yelled at Jay. "Can you leave Jay. I'll find my own ride back home."

"I'm sorry Em. Just promise me, when this is over, you'll forgive me." Jay smiled and walked towards the door and left me. I was alone with a table set for two at the most romantic setting I've ever been. Why'd he smile? that was pretty mean to do.