Chapter One- Heartbreak?

Heartbreak once again. This time he made me feel like I was the reason why he broke up with me. At least this relationship lasted longer than three months. Past relationships lasted up the three months. Don't know if its a curse or what not, but it would never go more than that. But our relationship was great, there were problems here and there...but what relationship doesn't? Ughh. I guess its back to Facebook and updating my relationship status once again.

*Ding Ding*

"Ohh! I have a notification on FB!" I rushed to my phone. All I saw were comments about my relationship status:

"Oh no! I'm sorry!"

"OMG! what happened?"

"Boys are such donkeys. Let me know if you wanna go out"

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"Call me Em!"

"Seriously Emily? again?"

I rolled my eyes. How can people like that I'm single? I deactivated my account and decided to listen to some music. I don't know why I do the same thing over and over again. I'm 20 for goodness sakes. Why is facebook such a normal routine for me? But the comments didn't bother me except the one from my brother. I know I'm gonna hear it when he comes home. Gabe has always been there for me. From the first heartbreak and now. He always told me I fall for guys so fast, but hey! I cant help it. When you're in love, its best feeling in the world. Its the break up that doesn't rock so well.

But this break up wasn't as bad as the other break ups Ive had. I don't feel like I had to run in the corner and cry my eyes out. Have I become immune to heartache? Have I become stronger after all this time? As I tried to figure out this weird feeling...I hear someone driving up the front of the house. It must be Gabe. Oh no.

Oh boy, I hear the front door open.

"Emily!! What did that prick do to you?" Gabe yelled as he entered the house. Man, I'm going to hear it.

"Em, seriously. You cant fall in love with guys so fast. You always give them you're heart and soul and it ends up with you crying every night." I could hear Gabe's frustration as he was coming closer to my room. I knew he didn't like the guys I've dated, but he couldn't do anything because it made me happy. "Where are you? Do you want me to beat him up for you?" He's pretty mad some guy hurt his little sister. "Em? Are you crying in your room? I told you boys are such pricks! Trust me Im a guy, I know all pricks!"

"I know I know, boys are pricks." I said. Gabe came and gave me a tight hug. "I told you so. I know you don't want to hear that right now, but its true. Are you okay?" Gabe looked at me with a concerned face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Surprisingly, its not as bad as the others. I guess my heart became stronger this time around. I promise no night crying." I smiled.

He smiled, "Well, Ill go get the break up kit and meet me downstairs I guess."

Gabe always knew what to do to make me happy. I've been broken up so much that Gabe remembered the things that would cheer me up and forget the guy who broke my heart. What a great big brother. He took me in when our parents divorced four years ago. He was living on his own after he graduated college since he was making the big bucks as a doctor. Smart and caring brother who would do anything to make his little sister happy. Im not sure why he's single? He deserves a good lady who would take care of him.

*Gabe's POV*

Em is hurting once again. If I could protect her from all these stupid immature monkeys, I would. But she needs to learn and experience this on her own. It hurts to see her like this. I went to the kitchen to grab the break up list I created. She's been broken up with so much, I managed to find everything to make her happy.

*Knock Knock*

I looked up to see it was Em's best friends. Since I saw Em's status on Fb on the way home, I decided to call Iris to call the rest to meet up at my place. They always know what to do to make Em happy. I love them for that. I opened the door and smiled. They were my little sister's friends, but they were pretty as heck. But there was one who always caught my eye. When she smiles, my heart would always skip a beat. I heard a door closed upstairs and I realized that was Em coming down. I told the girls to go to the living room since Em is coming down. I had to prep the ice cream and bowls for them.

*Emily POV*

As I walked down the stairs to the living room, I saw my best friends on the couch. Gabe must've called them to cheer me up.

"Hey Caren, Iris, and Jane. Did Gabe call you guys up?" They gave me a big hug and nodded theyre heads in unison. "Ohh geeze. What would I do without my brother?"

"You'll probably drown yourself with your tears." Gabe laughed and put the Mudd Pie ice cream down with four bowls and spoons. He grabbed a bunch of my favorite movies and put on Pandora on the TV. Good music always puts the mood right. "You girls have fun and cheer her up okay. I don't want my sister to cry in the middle of the night and disturb my sleep. A doctor needs his beauty sleep." Caren, Iris, and Jane all laughed and agreed. I know my besties thought of my brother as a hottie. Caren and Jane laughed as he walked upstairs to his room, while Iris rolled her eyes and distributed the bowls and spoons.

"Okay girls, its operation Cheer up Emily again...for the billionth time." Iris said with a half sigh and a fake smile. Iris was just like Gabe. They both gave me the same advice about not falling for a guy so fast. I smiled at Iris, "C'mon! At that time, I thought he could've been 'THE ONE' so don't hate."

"You always say that!" Caren said.

"Yeah!" Jane said agreeing with Caren.

"Geeze. Okay okay. At least now I know." As annoying as they are, they're right. When I met a guy, I think he's "THE ONE" and I believe that he could take me to the moon and back.

"You know what! I think you should make a check list!" Caren said with excitement in her voice.

"Ohh!! YES YES!! You need a check list of the PERFECT man. Let's all do it!" Jane stood up and grabbed some paper and pens for us to write.

Caren was overjoyed to write her list, "Okay Em, write down what you want from a guy. Height, weight, hair, and whatever you could think of would be 'THE ONE' and we'll go on the search for him tomorrow at the beach!"

I stared at them as they all wrote something on their paper. I guess I could write down something.

*Hey guys. First fanfic. I hope you like it. :]*