Brave

Thomas pov
Three days have passed since Lafayette had came for a visit. And since then Anna has been more confident in herself, Lizzie has started being social, even Tacie has taken up an interest in turtles. But sadly, Lafayette had to leave. The girls were awfully sad, but Lizzie was upset the most by it. Laf had taught to be brave, he had taught her to believe in herself. And now he was leaving. We walked him to the docks; Lizzie began to cry. He knelt down to her level. "Fear not like one, I will return some day. You will see me again, until then be brave and believe in yourself." She wiped away her tears and smiled at him. "Yes sir, have a good trip Mr. Lafayette sir." He giggled and pat her on the head. Lafayette departed, but it was bittersweet. "I do hope he visits us again." Anna spoke with excitement. Y/N giggled and pat her head. "That's my girl! Always looking on the bright side." Y/N spoke proudly. We arrived home our daughters went to play in their room, while Y/N and I played chess. Of course, she beat me as always. "Your too good at this game." I complained, Y/N giggled. "Is this funny to you?" I asked with a smirk, she nodded with a smile. "I see..." I tackled her to the floor and tickled her relentlessly. "Thomas please!" She yelled. I ended the tickling and picked her up. Her legs wrapped around my waist as I carried her upstairs. "Come on, you can sit with me as I write a letter to Burr." She nods and kisses my temple.