Finally relaxing

Your pov

The day after Lafayette's arrival, Lizzie started to be more social and Anna loved to hear stories about the war. Tacie on the other hand, loved that her sisters were talking more. I was so proud, and so was Thomas. As I made breakfast, I saw Lizzie talking to Lafayette. He was so kind and patient with her. "Mommy can I help you?" I looked down to see Tacie in her green and white dress. "Of course honey." I handed her some napkins and silverware. "Please set the table and tell your sisters, Lafayette, and your father it's time for breakfast." She smiled her adorable smile, and skipped off into the living room. As I set down Thomas and Lafayette's coffee and some milk for the girls, I felt a pair of arms go around my waist. "Little lamb your exhausted, please take a break." I sighed. "Thomas, I still have to get the girls ready and I need to return some books at the library. There's too much to do today." I say turning around. "Lafayette said he wanted to spend time with the girls anyway. I'll run to the library and our servants already got the girls ready." I smiled and yawned sleepily. "Are you sure Thomas?" I asked, he smiled. "Of course Darling. Now go get some rest." I kissed his cheek and headed towards his office to read. After awhile Thomas found me in his office writing to James. "I thought you were supposed to be resting." He said kissing my forehead. "This is rest, resting isn't always sleeping." I replied as I closed the envelope, putting a purple wax button on it. "Touché. Well how about we go to the park then?" He said as I stood up. "That sounds wonderful." I put on my shoes and we start out towards the park. We found a nice spot under a fig tree to relax. I laid my head on Thomas's shoulder. He held my hand and smiled at me. "Our kids are pretty great." "Yeah they really are."