Rescued

Your pov
It's been hard without Charlie, I often find myself walking up the stairs to get him for lunch or dinner. Only to remember he was gone. I usually spend my days in the garden, or writing to Peggy or James. Thomas would try and comfort my by reading books, or cuddling by the fire. Though I wasn't sad, I just missed him was all. That day I went to the market to get some fruit and other groceries. As I walked through the streets I saw little boys and girls playing. I smiled sadly as I passed them. On my way home I heard whining from an ally way. Curious, I peak into the trash filled path. A small puppy was sitting in a cardboard box. I smiled and picked the poor thing up and carried her all the way home. As I walked into the house I set the groceries down and walked up the stairs to Thomas's study. Timidly, I peaked into the room. "Thomas?" He turned around and smiled. "Little lamb, did you need something?" I smiled and showed him the puppy I had rescued. "Can we keep her? Please Thomas?" I begged. He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "I could never say no to you darlin." He replied. He had Sally and Georgia, our servants get a bed and food for the puppy. As Thomas and I nursed her back to health we started thinking of names. "How about Charlotte?" He suggested. I thought for a moment, then had the perfect name. "Aurora. What do you think?" I asked as she fell asleep in my arms. "Perfect. It suits her." He responded. "Thomas?" I said as he sat down and put an arm around me. "Thank you for letting me keep her." I say leaning my head on his shoulder. "Of course, besides I think we need her and she needs us." I looked down at the newest addition to the family.