Lafayettes visit

Thomas pov
Taking care of three four year old girls was rough. Luckily, James and Peggy helped us out a lot. Lizzie absolutely adored Peggy. Probably because she was usually the one left out or too shy to say anything to her either sisters. While the other girls were outside picking flowers or running around. Lizzie would be in her room, reading or drawing. Y/N was a little worried Lizzie wouldn't know how to socialize with anyone. I sent a letter to Lafayette, asking for advice. He sent a letter back, he said he would come to America for a week to visit me. The girls were excited to meet him but Lizzie, she was scared.

***
One week later Lafayette appeared on our front porch. "Thomas mon amie, how are you?" He asked walking into the living room. "Great actually. Would you like to meet my wife and children?" "Of course." We headed into the living room. Y/N was reading while Anna and Tacie were drawing. And Lizzie was sitting on a chair reading a gigantic book. Y/N looked up and set her book down. "Ah you must be Lafayette, I am Y/N." He smiled and kissed her hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you mademoiselle." She blushed a little. "Oh, these are my daughters, Annika, Tacie, And Elizabeth but she prefers Lizzie." Lizzie looked up from her book. Lafayette smiled at her, for the first time Lizzie smiled back. She put her book down and walked over to Laf. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr.Lafayette." Y/N was near tears. Somehow, I had a feeling Laf being here was a good thing for the girls.