Princess Leia

(I'm not using Adrien's real age in this fic because I don't already know it and I'm not going to look it up because he deserves respect and privacy. He will two years younger than Dan in this, so, sixteen)

"Adrien is coming home today, so I can't do anything tonight

"Adrien is coming home today, so I can't do anything tonight." Dan already knew that Phil was going to suggest some far-fetched plan as soon as he climbed through his bedroom window.

"Well shit, I guess that ruins this once in a life time opportunity that I was planning on presenting to you." Phil replied sarcastically as he gently slid down the glass window behind him.

They had a whole Phil-comes-in-through-Dan's-window plan to throw off Dan's parents to not think that they hung out as much as they did. Better the they not get suspicious. When Dan's curtains were up, Phil was safe to come through. When they were down, he'd use the front door.

"Too bad, the famous younger brother is coming back from camp. And according to my mom, she and him have prepared a surprise for my dad and I." Dan retorted, sounding anything but excited.

"Well, sorry to say Dan, but I'm going out tonight without you, then." Phil feigned an apologetic tone.

"Maybe people will finally realized we're not joined at the hip"

Phil laughed in response. "Ah yes, the terrors of fifth grade torment. I don't know why they thought of that as such a big insult. I just found it funny, honestly."

Dan rolled his eyes and picked up his polaroid camera, already set up with film in it.

"Smile for the camera" He heard the click as Phil dramatically posed. Dan set the picture on his desk to let it develop.

Phil just wandered around Dan's room, looking through his bookshelf to his records to his movies, everything.

"Looking for something new?" Dan asked "You're out of luck. You already know everything that I have."

"No, just looking for inspiration."

"For what?"

"Poetry. Writing. I don't know. I usually find something in your room that'll inspire some sort of strange idea."

"Ah yes, you're classic romanticization of every day objects in my room. You could make a whole book out of a compilation of those poems. You could call it 'romanticizing Dan Howells room'. I'm sure it'd be a hit."

Phil rolled his eyes.

"I don't romanticize things, you just look at everything negatively." He stood his ground, sitting at Dans desk and opening his drawer with paper in it.

"Not true."

"We're not gonna have this discussion for the millionth time, Dan."

"I agree."

Dan laid down on his bed and looked at his ceiling, the cracks in it not phasing him anymore. When he was younger he used to thing every night that the ceiling would cave in while he was asleep. Until Phil started having sleepovers. Then he didn't get as scared anymore.