Blue Boys Closet

(Little authors note: There will be some gay stereo types, not only in this chapter, but throughout the whole story. This chapter, I guess, is when that becomes evident. I just wanted to put a disclaimer explaining why I'm adding this to the plot. This story takes place in the 1980's. There are tons of LGBTQ+ stereotypes now in 2017, so clearly it was way harsher back then. It sucks, I know, but its what's accurate and its kind of why I wanted to have this take place in the 80's. Also because I like the aesthetic. Anyways, I'm just putting this here to say that a lot of the things said or insinuated in this story about the LGBTQ+ community are not accurate. As someone who's in the LGBTQ+ community and follows none of the stereotypes of her sexuality, I know that. I just didn't want to cause any confusion with that. Also, I already put this as a warning in the description, but I'll say it again incase someone didn't see: LGBTQ+ slurs and discrimination will take a big part in this story. If these things trigger you, I recommend not reading on, or at least bracing yourself. Hope you enjoy the chapter 💜)

Wolf Like Me by TV On The Radio

"No." Dans response came before Phil even asked a question as they walked through Packer Park. It was the short way home from Suburban Square - where Ruby's was.

"Come on, Dan, please?" Phil had been expecting this. Anyone who knew Dan would expect him to say no.

"I said no and thats that. I am not going."

Phil gave up then. But Dan knew it was only momentary. Whenever Phil gave up, it was only  momentarily.

Once they reached Dan's house, he picked up the argument again.

"Dan, it'll be fun. I'll be there, that hot guy Anthony will be there. We finally know the truth about  Will Wattfort! We were right all along, don't you want to see him now and just bask in the experience of being right?" This was how Phil spoke. In a weird language somewhere between persuasion and begging and poetry.

"No. I'm not going." Dan tried to sound firm in his decision, but he almost never did.

"Pleeeeeeease?" Phil urged as Dan kept putting in the key to the Howell residence wrong.

"No." He said, finally opening the door.

Phil dropped it again until they got to Dan's room.

"Are your parents home?" He asked.

"Probably not, they like to be out of the house as much as possible." Dan sat down at the swivel chair at his desk. Phil walked over and grabbed up a piece of lined paper from the open drawer. He scribbled something onto it then held it up.

Please

"Phil, you're too stubborn for your own good." Dan said, taking the paper from him and crumpling it up.

"Dan, you're too blue for your own good." Phil commented, sitting down on Dan's bed.

Blue.