Stars Disappear as Quickly as They Appear

EASE Troye Sivan

EASE Troye Sivan

"Don't you worry about me / I'll be fine if I can breathe"

"Lately / Every time I think I'm better / Picking my head up, getting nowhere"

"Tell me all of the things that make you feel at ease / Your touch, my comfort, and my lullaby" 

~~~

"Hey, lets go somewhere" Dan woke up to these words and Phil looking awake as ever, nudging his shoulder.

He didn't bother sitting up. He wasn't getting out of bed, no matter how important it was. The world could be ending, the sky could be falling on their heads. Dan wasn't getting up.

"Come on, we're going to miss the sunrise."

Now Dan sat up.

"You mean to tell me," He started "That you kept me up until three AM yesterday with the stupid party antics, and now you've waken me up before the sun is even awake?"

"Come on Dan."

Before he knew it, he was letting himself be dragged out of bed at a four thirty in the morning for some sort of vague plan. He also had Phil's commentary. Things like:

"Come on Dan, you can just stay in what you're wearing, we don't have time for you to change." Whilst Dan was wearing only a pair of boxers briefs and a 'The Smiths' t-shirt.

"Dan if you don't go any faster I will literally carry you"

"You don't need to know where we're going Dan, thats beside the point!"

And, Dan's personal favorite,

"Dan, would you stop being so sleepy! It's adorable and hot at the same time and its confusing me!".

Through this whole process, Dan took his sweet time brushing his teeth, getting jeans on, and getting out of the door a quarter to 5 AM.

It was still dark out and no one was awake, but the street lights weren't on. It was kind of eerie, how quiet and dark it was. But it was warm. It was still a summer morning. It was just... empty.

It was kind of relieving, actually. Like the sun wasn't there to demand anything of Dan yet. He hadn't realized that the sun was so demanding until he had a morning without it, actually.

And now he and Phil were walking down the sidewalk, which for some reason Dan found ridiculous since there were no cars in the street. And for some reason, Dan found it ridiculous that they wouldn't just walk in the middle of the street when it was much more spacious.

"Phil," Dan said, calling the attention of his friend, who currently looked deep in though (but then again, when didn't he?). "There are no cars in the road."