Ash

*** First story over here! Tell me if it's worth continuing!!***

Chapter One-

                My eyes slowly opened to a pure white room. The floor, walls, and ceiling were padded and there were no doors. A camera watched me from a corner of the ceiling. I sat up and inspected myself. I didn’t have on the clothes I last remembered wearing. My body was covered by an orange jumpsuit with the number 682 on it. On my feet were orange, thin, slipper things. I shuddered at the thought of how bad I probably looked. But on a more important note…

                “Hello? Where am I?” I asked the camera.

                “You are in Forrest Mental Hospital.” The voice came from the camera, just like I knew it would.

                I’M IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL????!!!!

                I began to shake. This couldn’t be happening. How long had I been in there? WHY am I in there? My head continued to swim until I heard a sliding and turned to see a tray of food in a little cubby. I frantically crawled over to the cubby and devoured the bland oatmeal as well and gulping down the water that was in a plastic cup. Once I set the cup down, the cubby closed and I was stranded once again.

--

                It’s been fifteen meals since I first woke up. I never changed. Not once. I had decided that that was because neither my body nor my eyes had seen or touched darkness. No shadows, no night sky. I could feel the monster inside me, ready to explode. I had been having little therapy sessions with the voice behind the camera. The man made me mad. He treated me like a grenade with a loose screw. It was driving me insane. Ironic, right?

                Suddenly a door opened to a hallway. A pitch dark hallway. Ah, darkness. I slipped away.

--

                “Do you think we should remove the straps? She looks uncomfortable.” A male voice drifted into my ears.

                “No. She murdered three workers. If she’s unstable, then she needs to be strapped.” The reply was a woman’s voice.

                I moaned and went to stretch but then realized I couldn’t move.

                “May I ask why I strapped to a metal table?” I whined.

                “Do you know who you are?” the woman asked me.

                “Asher Linh. Duh.” I replied, then wriggled, trying to get out of the straps.

                “I am Dr. Moore and this is Dr. Marner. Do you remember what happened?” the man asked.

                “Umm, hi. And no. I can never remember what happens when the monster takes over.” I noticed too late what I had said.

                Oh no. I’m coming back to you, white padded cell.

                “Yes, we understand.” Dr. Marner sighed, then went to unbuckle the straps.

                Rubbing my wrists, I sat up. There was an overwhelming stench of chemicals in the air that made my stomach churn, but otherwise the room I was in seemed cozy, like a one roomed apartment with a metal table in the middle.

                “So, Asher, can you explain what this monster feels like?” Dr. Moore pushed.

                “Umm, it’s kind of like a force that pushes its way through my veins and takes over when I see or am in darkness.” I tried to explain.