Chapter 4: The Fourth Option

Eventually, Anti leaves, saying that he had business to attend to. He probably went to kill people or possess someone, but I don't really care. At least he's not bothering me. Anti did give a warning, however, one to not leave the house. There wasn't any threat of consequence besides the fact that he's a demon... and can cause me pain... and doesn't like to be disobeyed. So I decide to heed his warning and remain indoors.

The tv keeps me occupied for a while, but I grow tired of it fairly quickly. Leaving the house becomes more and more tempting, but I know that it won't be worth it. So, instead, I distract myself with YouTube. Jacksepticeye's videos are pretty good for about two and a half hours. Party Hard is always a nice series to go back to, as well as his Undertale videos.

Every now and then, as the videos progress, it will glitch out with random Anti scenes. Since I don't remember seeing them in there before, I assume that it's a side effect of Anti having some kind of presence in my house. I hope he didn't fuck up my wifi.

I've shifted on the couch so that I'm lying across its length. My upper back rests upon the arm of the couch so that my head leans over the side, while my arms hold the phone in front of my eyes. Though I watch the video upside down, I still enjoy it. However, even Jacksepticeye can't keep my eyes from flicking from my phone screen to the door every few minutes.

It's been a little over four hours since Anti left, and I'm beginning to grow even more bored than before. The door has become more enticing as time moves on. I've found myself glancing at it more often, usually accompanied by a glare at the empty kitchen.

Jesus, when is he gonna get back? I groan internally. I want to leave the house.

I begin to pace around the house, trying to avoid the front door at all costs. Ending up in my room, I decide to turn in early. It's only 7:58PM, but sleeping is one of the only ways to escape my wish to leave the house. I take a long shower, then fall asleep at around 8:16PM...

I open my eyes to see total darkness – not the darkness of my room, but a completely blackened area. Turning my head does nothing to assist my incapacitated eyes.

Suddenly, there's the faint sound of static from behind me and to the right. Just as I'm turning in that direction, another sound behind me attracts my attention. It's much different than the static... like a dripping sound, as if water droplets are falling into a puddle. The near silence seems to amplify this almost imperceptible audio. The dripping comes from behind me and to the left. Finally, in front of me, there's the sound of quiet, shrill laughter. Raspy, layered giggles that sound familiar... Anti.

I take a step back, then almost fall. The ball of my foot meets with more firm ground, but I hardly catch myself when my heel doesn't find the floor. I wobble forward, then right myself. Tapping my foot around gently, I find that I'm standing on some kind of pillar with three pathways leading to Anti's laughing, the dripping, and the static.

Suddenly, blinding light shines onto me from above. A spotlight hits the pillar, and I cover my eyes. As my eyes adjust, I'm able to see that dimmer, smaller pinpoints of light are shining onto the three areas, though I can only see small portions of each. In front of me is a form shrouded in shadow. All I can see is Anti's glowing irises and the light glinting off of his white teeth, accentuating the razor sharp incisors. The pillar I've been standing on shoots down into a deep pit. The damp, stale air from it feels frigid. The pathways to every other pillar stretch over its yawning mouth, ready to swallow anyone who lost their balance.

I glance to either side of me. To the left, I find that the liquid dripping isn't water. From various places above, drops of red fall into a growing puddle. I can now smell the metallic scent emanating from the area. To the right, there's a television screen full of static. Though nothing visually threatening is there, my stomach twists just looking at it, as if it's much more menacing than it seems.

My gaze returns to Anti's luminous ones.

"So," a spine chilling voice speaks. It seems to come from within my head, so loud it's almost painful, "here's what's going to happen.

There's three paths around you, three fates you can choose. Choose which one you want to face. Think of it as a customized nightmare."

I take a few deep breaths before speaking, because my voice would undoubtedly have been shaky and betray the fear I feel.

"What will happen to me?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out," Anti laughs. Each burst of laughter causes a knew throbbing migraine, and I rub my temples to attempt to relieve myself of the pain. "You can face a known fear – me – or you could experience a new world of pain. Each one ends in death, but death means that you get to wake up."

I tear my eyes away from his, gazing at my feet. My mind races, thinking of different outcomes and what each "world of pain" will hold for me.

The dripping blood means that someone's going to bleed out, be it myself or some other unfortunate victim. I can deal with stab wounds, but if I have to get close to the gashes (much less touch them), I'm not sleeping for months. The weird tv is definitely a trap. It seems okay, but it's gonna be terrible, I just know it. That sickening feeling in my stomach wasn't just because of nerves. And Anti... well, he'll probably fuck with my mind and stab me. Maybe he'll throw in some decorative slices, add a bit of pizazz to the 'A' carved into my fucking chest.

Still, I can't decide between them. Then, my gaze slowly shifts from my feet to the pit below me. Do I have a fourth option?

The bright light from the spotlight shining above me falls over the edges of the pillar I stand on, showing the tiniest bit of the cavern. I can't see it's stone floor, but a few taller spikes are visible about 50 feet below me.

If I die, I can wake up, I think, and that seems like the best option.

I'm careful to not think of my plan too thoroughly, as I don't want Anti catching on.

"I'm waiting, [Y/N]," the grinning demon sings. I glance up to see that he's holding a large knife.

"What if I stay here?"

"I'll just choose for you."

"Alright," I resolve. "I've made my decision."

Anti gestures for me to proceed toward whichever form of torture I choose. I snap my fingers and raise my hands to form finger guns, then lean backwards. As I begin to slowly fall backwards, a look of confusion crosses his face. By the time the glowing eyed man catches on, I've already dipped out of sight, careening toward the jagged points below.

"NO!"

Green mist surrounds the spot I had just occupied, but it's too late. I close my eyes, just barely catching a furious Anti gazing over the edge of the pillar. My arms extend so that I'm falling in a cross-form. The air rushing past me grows colder and colder until–

"hrgk–"

A stone spike emerges from the center of my stomach, it's exit hole growing larger as I fall further onto it. It becomes coated in my blood as it cleanly spears through me. I gag on the eruption of sangria shooting from my throat and into the air. The back of my head cracks against a cold stone floor, and I can feel warmth trickling from it. My eyes have shot open in pain, but soon begin to close again as my body goes limp.

Finally, I'm swallowed by darkness.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter of "Plaything" as much as I enjoyed writing it. Comments and votes are super appreciated. Thanks for reading! ~Blue