Chapter 17: Liam Payne: My Alpha Mate

Abelyn's POV

After having come back to the Phoenix Order palace, after the attack that almost killed me, it seemed awfully quiet. Usually it was calm but today was much calmer than regular. An uneasy feeling set in the pit of my stomach and immediately I knew something was wrong. Running up the stairs, taking two at a time, I strode past the entry hallway and made my way to where I knew Angelo would be at. The scene that was in front of me left me uttered in shock. The love of my life was laying lifeless in front of my own eyes. His blood was splattered all ofer the marble floors. It seemed as though they had drained him. One thing they didn't know was that I had the power to revive vampires. It was a gift you could say about me. It was hereditary because of my dad. It ran in our vampire blood.

"Angelo, w-what- who could have done this to you?" Hot tears ran down my cheeks, my heart clenching inside my chest. "Oh my love." I made sure to move his body carefully to a more sturdy place, where I could bring him back. I would have to give him time to heal. Then we would be able to bring revenge to those werewolves. Although we were outnumbered, we had a strategy. It was all in our younger years of training that we would get taught this technique. So stretching my limbs I was now prepared for this.

"Don't worry, Angelo, my love, I'll get you out of this.... We'll be together soon." I kissed his pale cheeks and let the hot flow of tears to fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam's POV

Training with Alpha Jesse had been postponed for today, for me that was a bit odd. Usually if something went wrong, Alpha Jesse would let me know. He never showed signs of me being with Andie so intimately. He'd accepted me and I honestly loved that man. He was like a father for me. In the kitchen I could hear pots and pans crashing.

"Who's in here?" Being alarmed was an understatement.

"Calm down, its just me Liam." Spoke Luna Laurel, relief washed over me immediately. Andie's mom was the sweetest. I had yet to meet her 'bad' side as Andie described.

"What were you doing that cause the pots and pans to crash so abruptly?" I scratched the nape of my neck. A boyish gesture I never got over. Old habits die hard, you know.

"I'm trying to cook up some lunch, you wouldn't mind helping me would you sweetheart?"

"No, I was just sitting in the living room since the girls are out today." As a response Luna Laurel just nodded her head and motioned for me to wash my hands. I was out to cut some very strong onions along with red, green, and yellow bell peppers. After the onions were done, my eyes were like Niagara Falls. I had to go wash my face in the nearby fall bathroom. As I was about to exit I noticed a small folded paper in the trash bin. Picking it up I noticed it had Andie's name nearly written on the upper right side corner. "Liam... Are you okay?" Hearing Laurel call out made me go into panic mode, so I stuffed the letter into my back pocket.

"Sorry, those onions were... strong!" I chuckled nervously.

"Well okay... try the chicken. After its completely cooked supper will be done." She passed me a small spoon with some chopped chicken. It was mouth-watering! Luna Laurel was the worlds best cook! No exaggeration used. I was ready for dinner, right now! Just standing here was making my wolf growl with excitement. Pretty soon the rest of the pack would be down.