phone #1

"hello?"

"pete?"

"mikey?"

"you're real! huh."

"why wouldn't i be real?"

"i'm sorry, this has happened a lot. being let down when i'm given someone's number."

"damn, that happens to everyone at some point. but mikey, i promise, that won't be happening with me."

"..."

"you know why i called you, right?"

"yeah."

"please mikey, tell me about this."

"you wouldn't understand."

"you'd be surprised."

"okay. basically, it started when i was seven and my brother and i transferred to a new elementary school. my dad had also gotten a new job, where he had to travel a lot and he wasn't home that much. he loved spending time with gerard and i, and he only got the job to support the family, since it payed well and we were in slight financial trouble at the time. i don't fully know what happened with my mom, i guess without dad, she had snapped. it started out-oh god, i completely wrapped the phone cord around my arm."

"go on. please."

"sorry. it started out simply with her starting to drink a little more and showing less compassion. then it got to the level where she was so angry that she would soberly hit me and gerard, and then drink to forget she ever did it. it really messed with our self esteem, and it's been affecting us to this day. although, yes, i still get abused. gerard started getting stoned in middle and high school, and would go days without eating. i did too, i still do, to some extent. i just started slowly slitting my wrists to this day."

"mikey, that's horrible. i've got through an experience sort of similar, but nowhere to that extent. how clean are you at the moment?"

"a few hours. i'm sorry i let you down."

"you could never let me down. now, please, stop cutting for as long as you could humanly take it. i really need to help you."

"thank you. i need to go now, but it was nice to rant to someone. you'll keep in touch, right?"

"definitely. bye."