Chapter 14

"Ross."

"What?"

"Try to make a wind."

"Eh? Aren't I an Inflamancer?"

"Just try it."

"Fine?" Ella stretched her hand once again. And a gust of wind made Arnold's playboy hair messy. Ella looked at her own hand, confused as hell. Was she the legendary double-elemental Wizard?

Arnold tried to keep his cool. He didn't even have the energy to proudly brag about his own niece. But it seemed that he was fated to suffer from a heart attack. From Ella's hand, water came dripping.

"What the?" Arnold pulled Ella's hand just to see more water formed on Ella's center palm. And suddenly, the tree Ella eyed had grown into God knew how much tall.

"All the elements..." Arnold looked at his own niece. Ella herself looked at her uncle. Her facial expression was no better than his. She was just trying to form those images she had on her mind because Ella knew what her affinities were. Who would have thought it formed anyway?

And Arnold had never heard such a thing as an all-elemental Wizard. And neither did he heard about a magician who, in all of her first tries attempting to ignite magic, succeeded inconsiderably. At first he was baffled as an Inflamancer had never showed up in the Ioviagrippas' bloodline. He thought that Ella must had held two elements. Now suddenly it was four? All of them?

An Elemental, Arnold gasped in realization. He tensed up.

What was an Elemental? It was said that an Elemental only showed up once in a time and would only show up again when the world was destroyed, an explosion giving the chance of a new world and a new Elemental. One world, countless years, countless galaxies, only one Elemental. The one chosen Wizard that was fated to rule over her or his world. An Elemental's magic was the world's magic. An Elemental was the world's master. The magic's own master. The owner of the magic power. A peak existence of a time.

Arnold shuddered. The power of an Elemental couldn't be beaten even if the one that was attacking the Elemental was the most powerful Wizard in the world, less alone a Witch. Elemental controlled magic. Their power wouldn't be in any of use in front of the mighty Elemental. Even if Ella now was new to magic and practically couldn't do much, magic was on her side. Magic was automatically protecting her, and no magic attack could harm her. Her magic would be so powerful, and she could even eradicate the world without batting an eye when her magic reached a mature state.

Galemancer's power could erase the oxygen somebody was breathing. Aquamancer's power could freeze one's blood. Claymancer's power could make a person rot. Inflamancer's power can create a fire when the space didn't even exist. That were the might of the Wizards, yet they couldn't do anything in the front of an Elemental.

Non-elemental magic needed too much magic force to be able to do something. But an Elemental had an endless supply of magic. They could easily manipulate gravity and space.

Arnold looked at Ella, unsure as what to say. "Stop doing your magic, Ross."

Ella was baffled to see her uncle's expression. It was rigid, more stern than any faces Ella ever known. But there was a sense of security, a warmth Ella got from his gaze, not a cold gaze she used to met in Henry's eyes. So Ella stopped her experiments. Arnold dispersed the magical space, and now they were back at the center of Arnold's tulips on the lawn.

"Come with me." Ella knew that something about her all-elemental magic was off. Or else, Arnold wouldn't be this stiff.

Arnold lead Ella all the way to his attic. On the door frame were some height marks, labeled as Poppy, Lilac, and Arn. Ella traced the dusty rough marks with her delicate, jade-white fingers. Ella also stared the door for quite a time, because there was this paper sign. The paper was so old it started to have a yellow hue, but the writings on it could still clearly be read. 

Lilac's Treasure Room. Do Not Enter Without Permission

"Ross!" Arnold's call made Ella stepped inside. There was no dust like she predicted, it was still maintained perfectly well. Bookshelves, couches, carpet, boxes, even a vanity table was there. She thought that it was because of a spell, but seeing Arnold blowed some dust made the thought vanished quicker than when it came. 

"Ross," Arnold sat on the couch. Ella sat on the other, "choose one element."

"Eh?"

"Covering up your power, your identity for now," Arnold referred some of his teasing gaze back, "choose an element."

"My identity?" Ella understood that she was a rarity but she felt the way Arnold said that was strange.

"I'll tell you this later. This is why we have come here. So now, Ross, for nobody's sake, choose an element."

"Water. I'll be an Aquamancer." Ella said without hesitating.

"Good. Now," Arnold got up from his seat and returned with an old book on his hand, "read this."

The Elemental was written on its cover. Ella began to read.

Soon Ella understood why did her uncle acted so tensely. She herself never thought that she was the magical entity. The book had some handwritten notes on it, the one Ella recognized as Lilac's handwriting.

"Just come in terms with the fact first," Arnold observed Ella's changes in expressions, "the things about Elementals are mostly confined. Normal Wizards don't even know what they actually do. It's a thing between Elementals only. I can't help you in this."

Ella was still reading, absorbing and memorizing the facts at the same time. When she felt that it was already sufficient enough, she faced her uncle and smiled, a trace of sadness flashed by her eyes.

"Arnold, what are you saying? I'm an Aquamancer."

Author's Note:

Just want to let you guys know that I may not be able to update in the next few days. I'm really sorry! I tried to finish the three last chapters ASAP so you can enjoy it first. And one more: I changed the term Blazemancer to Inflamancer. Just thinking that it's more suitable.