Chapter 2

In a grim face, Ella prepared some tea in her kitchen. There was actually no need for her to make it personally, but she had some ideas in her cunning mind. Finishing the final touch for the camomile tea, she paced out the kitchen to the sitting room, where her father was entertaining his guests.

"Ahaha, no, there is no such a thing, Mr Leravinn! How can Anastasia and Prudence compete with your beautiful and lovely Ella!" A woman's creepy laughter assaulted Ella's earbuds. Just by hearing her voice, Ella's goosebump had risen uncontrollably. She cursed in a low voice. Ella had never thought when she succeed in preventing her father to fall in the wicked woman's schemed trip, she thought of another scheme and visited their house shamelessly. 

"What a low widow.." she mumbled. But in the next instant, while she made her appearance, she smiled stunningly, no traces of her annoyance to be seen. Instantly, she took away everybody's breath. She was as beautiful as a fairy, as stunning as a Goddess, as graceful as a queen, as elegant as a princess, and as alluring as an Immortal. Jealousy flashed past the women's eyes, but Ella paid no heed to them. She sweetly opened her mouth, "Papa, this is the tea you asked."

Papa Ella was so proud of his daughter's appearance. He showed Ella off to his guests right away. "Mrs Tucker, Miss Anastasia, Miss Prudence, this is my daughter, Ella. Ella, this is Mrs Daphne Tucker, Miss Anastasia Tucker, and Miss Prudence Tucker. They are the family of the deceased Philips Tucker."

Without erasing her smile, she greeted them right away, "Hello, how do you do. I am Ella Rossiandeaneste Leravinn. Pleased to meet you," she paused and put an aggrieved look, "and I'm sorry to hear of your lost of Mr Philips."

After a moment of pause, Mrs Tucker grabbed Ella's hands and pretended to praise Ella. At first, she was astonished, how can a creature so perfect existed, and rage flamed her heart. But if she wants her scheme to succeed, she had to play this little doll here first. Mrs Tucker didn't realize, though, that disgust was clearly written all over Ella's flawless face when she took Ella's hand into hers.

"What a girl! Now I understand why Mr Leravinn boasted about his daughter so much!" Putting a mask of adornment, she tried to get into Ella's good side. Sadly for her, Ella already saw everything beyond her masquerade mask. 

"What business you may have to trouble yourselves all the way here, Mrs Tucker?" Ella smiled innocently. Mrs Tucker was dumbfounded, but she recovered her composure almost instantly. "There is no need for you to call me Mrs Tucker," she laughed, "it feels so distant. Just call me Aunt or Aunty or Daphne or anything you see me fit!" Hearing this, Ella blinked. 

"But you are distant to me, Mrs Tucker. I can't be so muddle-headed as to call you something impolite. We've just met, and as someone from the younger generation, I have to maintain my respect to my elders." Ella told her speech fluently, making Daphne's lips twisted in an ugly way. Before Daphne managed to say something, Ella continued. "And may I ask you again for what business you may come?"

Sensing the cold harshness behind the warm, soothing voice, Anastasia trembled. She then tried to lighten the mood in introducing herself to Ella. "Um, I am Anastasia, and this is my elder sister Prudence. We are twins, and we're 14 this year."

Ella gently slipped her hands out of Daphne's to shook Anastasia's. "Nice to meet you, Miss Tucker," she turned to face Prudence, "and you, too."

Ella still greatly remembered the good deed Anastasia did for her. This stepfamily always treated her harshly, and the spoiled Anastasia was no exception. She treated Ella like a maid, but still saw her as a human, unlike Daphne and Prudence. She was soft-hearted, and whenever Ella was in serious, deep trouble, she tended to aid Ella. For this sake, Ella was sure to repay her debt to Anastasia. Ella would pay back for everyone's treatment in her previous lifetime, whether it was good, or bad. But once she did, she would have absolutely no ties with her. That was Ella's principle. And that was why, Ella shook Anastasia's hands.