Chapter 28- maybe this once

En başından başla

"Great. Then, I will leave on my chopper as soon as school's done."

"Alright."

"Yeah."

None of us say anything for a moment. I sigh and imagine him right in front of me. He would probably smile and crack a joke about how serious I am all the time.

As the phone is pressed against my ear, I keep looking around because I don't know what to say.

I have been ignoring him and now it's awkward to even talk about anything with him.

I don't even know what he thinks of me.

He clears his throat. "I missed talking to you, stavish."

I missed talking to you too, I think.

I don't respond.

"I don't know why you're ignoring me for past couple of weeks but trust me, I can handle it. If you think it will scare me off, it won't."

"Bye Cayson."

I cut the call and hand it back to Kate and think to myself about what he said. How does he know that something is up in my mind? Just like they knew.

Maybe I'm not good at hiding.

"What happened?" Ian asks.

"A famous producer wants to sign us," I say, excitedly.

Violet screeches and shouts. "Ahh, I'm so happy," she says, hugging me from the back.

"Congratulations," They say in unison and I smile.

"Thanks guys, this is a big deal."

"So, the meeting is in Albany?"

"Yeah, thank the lords about that because we're almost here and the meeting is at seven."

I see Kate smirking to herself and looks away. I narrow my eyebrows because I don't understand why she's smiling like that to herself.

___

We walk into the barn house and place all of our things down in the living room.

"Good evening Ms. Stavish," Mr. jones says as he comes out to the living room with bottles of water.

"Thank you Mr. Jones," I say and he smiles. "Mr. Jones, you could go home for the week. We are staying here so it will be fine."

"But Mrs. Justice told me—" Mr. jones start.

"—don't worry about mom. She doesn't know," I interrupt.

"As you wish Ms. Stavish," he says and leaves.

"Guess we have this house to ourselves now," Tyler says and I nod.

"Let's go Vee," Kate starts and pulls me.

"W-what? Where?" I ask and she keeps dragging me to my room.

"Chris, can you bring her bags?" She asks before we quickly walk upstairs.

"What're you doing?" I ask, confused.

She makes me sit down in my chair in front of the dresser. She opens the drawers and pulls out some makeup.

"Getting you ready," she replies back. "How old do you think is this makeup?"

I snort. "As old as me probably."

"I think we bought it last year," she says and starts using it on me.

"If I get zits on my face, I will make sure that you will accompany my zits," I laugh.

___

As much excitement I had about this producer, Cayson had everything double. He was seriously more nervous than me, more excited, and more happy.

The meeting went rather well.

He liked our voices and songs that he wants to produce some more of our songs.

We got the contract!

Cayson was more happier than I was. He was literally jumping of of joy after Mr. smith left.

At the moment we are sitting down in a restaurant, just finished eating. As I was starving, he took me out to eat.

Of course I denied it but he is too damn stubborn.

The waiter approaches our table and I quickly make my hand into my bag and pull out my wallet.

Before I could pay, Cayson pulls out some cash and gives it to the waiter. "Keep the change," he smiles.

"That's not fair Cayson, you can't pay all the time," I say and he looks at me with a smile on his face.

"I'd let you pay but I literally ate like a pig tonight and it was a lot. I think they ran out of all the vegetables," he jokes as I smile and look away.

"You should've let me pay," I start again.

"Okay, you can pay," he says and gets up.

I look up at him, confused. "Excuse me?"

"There is a nearby bar where your friends were. Why don't we visit it and the first round is on you," he suggests and I smile.

"Sounds like a plan," I say.

He extends his arm out and I hesitate. Whenever I'm with him, I forget about my problems just as I do with my friends. I know they won't leave me but what about Cayson?

He's new to all this.

I'm sure that he will break my heart after getting to know about my conditions. Which is what I'm scared of.

He walks closer to me and extends his arm out again, now more closer to me. I look at his arm and then back at him.

He looks down at me with a small smile playing on his lips. I sigh.

Maybe this once.

I take his hand and smile as he leads me out of the restaurant.

___

BTW if you're wondering why I updated four times in 12 hours, it is because my school got canceled.

It is apparently snowing so they canceled school since two days.

As much as I'm loving it, all I'm doing is write.

Thankfully, I'm writing a lot which is good for you and me.

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen. It really motivates me to write more for you guys.

Thank you guys!