In The Middle

Kara's POV

I felt horrible.  I sat on the couch next to the Tv for a long time.  I didn't know what I was supposed to do.  My girlfriend had left without telling me where she was going, and my daughter was crying in the other room.  I thought I would give my daughter some time alone in the other room.  Maybe that would make her feel a bit better.

20 Minutes Later...
I got up from the couch.  I stood there wondering if I should even go and knock on the door.  I waited there, thinking.  I thought about all of my previous decisions that could have changed the way this all played out if I had done something different.

I walked over to the door of my bedroom and knocked on the door three times.  Then, I heard a fait, soft voice come from inside.

"What."

"Can I come in?" Then I heard what sounded like a soft sniffing noise.

"Sure..." I opened the door, to see my little girl curled up into a ball.  She had blankets over her face and a pillow under her head.

"Hey..." I didn't really know how to begin.  I had never had the experience of having a daughter.

"I just, wanted to see if you were okay-" Sami cut me off and sat up.

"Well, it's like why were you guys fighting?" Sami had tears streaming down her face.  So, I went and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Sweetie, it's not that we don't love each other... She cheated on me.  I had to make a hard decision.  I had to break Lena's heart or Alex would die.  I figured that I could get Lena back but..."

"You were going to propose?"

"I was... then I found out that she would do something like that."

"But... you guys are gonna get back together, right?" I didn't know what to say.  I didn't want Sami to hate me... I wanted her to be happy.  Maybe I could figure out some way to get the family back together...