17

Listening to the doctor giving Simon a rundown on her health, Tiffany wishes that she had gone to the dining room instead. Simon had been right, it's downright embarrassing, especially when they started talking about the results of the pelvic exam.

"So she is a virgin and she doesn't have any problems?" Simon is demanding to know.

"Yes, to both. The only health problems I could see are the obvious ones of malnourishment and dehydration. Both are easily rectified if she remains here."

"What about the bruising. That is extensive and the bruises are nasty."

"Some of them are from kicks I believe, but I don't think anything serious. Her dehydration and malnourishment make the bruising worse than it would be otherwise. I couldn't detect any broken bones, although some of the ribs are tender and her wrist should be kept in a wrap for a few days." Doctor Rosen shrugs, "Other than that she's better off than many of you. She's definitely better off than some of the whores."

Simon nods, "Thank you, Doctor. You may go now."

As soon as the doctor gets up, Tiffany isn't able to eat anymore and sets the food away from her. She notices that Simon has turned his brown eyed gaze onto her. She swallows trying to get something, anything past the sudden lump that seems to have just grown there.

"You won't be made into a whore." With Simon's words Tiffany is able to relax a bit and the lump seems to have disappeared.

"T-then what do you, I mean, what are you going to do to me?" Tiffany manages to say. Her words are whisper soft, but still Simon hears them clearly.

Simon once more gets a wicked glint in his eyes and gives a wicked smile at the girl before him, "What do you want me to do to you?"

Tiffany is frozen at his words. She tries desperately to get something out, "I-I," is all that she is able to force out. She looks at Simon helplessly and tears start to fall.

With that Simon lets out a sigh, "Sorry, I have a darker side that likes to play at times. Relax, Tiffany. What I have in mind won't hurt you. At least it won't unless you misbehave." Tiffany looks at Simon with a mixture of distrust and disbelief. She knows the reputation of the mafia and she's heard more than a few rumors about Simon himself.

Simon watches her and gives another sigh, "Very well, judge for yourself. I want to adopt you. You will be my daughter. I have a penthouse and we could live there or we could live here. I would give you the choice. I won't beat you, I don't hold with beating females." At this Tiffany snorts, she can't help it. He'd just killed her mother a few hours ago.

"I didn't beat her, Tiffany. I just gave your mother more of what she loved most in this world and in return I got you." Tiffany stills. That's right, with her mother dead the debt falls to her.

"How much do I owe you?" Tiffany asks white faced and scared. She does her best to hide her fear though.

Simon leans forward and keeps his eyes on Tiffany. "Absolutely nothing. Your mother paid the debt with her life. If you don't wish to live with me as my legal daughter I will call social services and have them pick you up and you can live in foster care. But since the system is over loaded you'd likely end up in a halfway house and your safety wouldn't be sure. You wouldn't remain a virgin for long, whether you wanted to or not."

"As your daughter, what?" Tiffany tries to demand but can't force the words out hard enough.

"You will be treated like a princess. You'd have all your needs and a good many of your wants fulfilled. You would be given a generous allowance, but your freedom would be curtailed. If you accept me as your adopted father you will become a target by all my and my father's enemies. You will be given and required to stay with a body guard. You will have a driver and you will be taken by him to wherever you go. I will have to have knowledge of your whereabouts at all times and you must have permission before you go anywhere." Simon is brutally honest with her.

"So, hell on earth or no freedom. I think I'd rather just take my chances of living on the streets."

"The only way you'd survive on the streets is if you whore yourself out. Then you'd better have a pimp or you'd be dead in no time. That is of course if your pimp doesn't kill you himself. 

"But if that's the way you want to go, I'll drop you off on my way to the hospital. I'll call my lawyer and tell him to not worry about coming here tonight. He was less than happy about me forcing him to come out tonight. He had to drop the Appeal he was preparing to have my brothers sentence overturned." Simon's eyes glittered dangerously and it makes Tiffany sit back in fear once more.

"Your brother is in jail and you don't want him out?"

"Corey broke Sophia's arm just because she wouldn't go out with him which had she done so would have been against father's orders. Corey breaking Sophia's arms made it so he crossed father. Him being in jail is his punishment for doing so.

"Now, before you say anything else, you should know that Corey also wants you. He allowed the loan to your mother because your mother was using you as collateral. Corey knew that your mother would default on her loan and then he would take you as payment. If you are on the streets and not dead when he gets out, he will go looking for you and he will take you." Simon lets Tiffany think about what he just told her.

"Simon," Tiffany looks at him in fear.

"Yes, Tiffany?" Simon replies softly trying to not make the girl even more fearful.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you trying to help me?" Tiffany asks in confusion.

"Honestly, there is one reason and one only. You look and act a bit like Sophia. I wouldn't ever want anything bad to happen to her. She's had nothing but problems since Corey hurt her. You wouldn't have any protection from Corey unless you become my daughter. I won't force this on you, the choice is completely yours." Simon says and moves to get up from the desk.

"The lawyer is due here in about half an hour. You'll need to be decided by then. Make sure that you finish that food. If you'd like fresh food just let the guard at the door know and he'll make sure you get some. I'll leave you alone to think while I get me some food."