1

I have been getting some rude comments lately. Sufficiently such that I have been thinking about taking it down.  I will leave it up for now, but if they will continue I'll be taking it down. If you don't like the story, that's fine, you don't have to like it. Just stop reading it. You don't have to be rude about it. I write the stories for fun and entertainment only, but I also know that they aren't for every one. I do hope you enjoy the story, but if you don't just stop reading. 

If you don't like how the main character reacts to the situation stop reading. She's not perfect, she's overwhelmed and doing the best she can to handle everything. If you can't handle that then stop reading.

Sophia places the drinks down in front of the men. She isn't nervous, although she knows who they are, she's been working at the club for several years now and knows what she's doing. The VIP's prefer her serving them because she gets the job done while being friendly but doesn't interfere or flirt with them. She isn't curious about what they do either, something they appreciate more than anything else. 

Suddenly one of the men reaches out and grabs her arm. Sophia knows better than to fight them and just holds still. The other girls all envy her serving this section because the men are always so hot, but to Sophia they aren't hot, they're scary as hell. The one holding her arm now is the worse of the lot, son of the mafia leader, is absolutely breath taking to other females, but not to her. To her he's a monster, but she never would let that show in any way.

"Tell me, Sophia, when are you going to go out with me?" Corey demands to know.

"Forgive me, Mr. Royal, but I am not allowed to date the clients of the club, as per your fathers orders sir." Sophia does her best to not offend the man holding her arm so tightly. Should he do anything to her, there is nothing she could do in return. She also can't afford to lose this job, she's barely making ends meet as it is. She has tuition and rent both due soon and needs the tips to make enough to pay them both.

"My father," Corey says whispering into her ear as he pulls her over the table and talks just loud enough for her to hear over the loud music, "won't mind if you go out with me."

Now Sophia is even more scared. Mr. Royal had made it very clear that the workers were not allowed to date the patrons of the club, especially his sons. Sophia is thankful for that, since she has no desire to date the men before her, all high level mafia. Yet, it seems that Corey is determined to force the issue. "Sir, with all due respect, your father made it very clear that his sons were especially off limits."

Corey doesn't change expressions, but the pressure on her arm does. She tries to hold in the scream as pain rips through her. She is unable to hold it in and her cries ring out. Security moves in and make Corey let her go. Sophia is removed from the room.

"Mr. Royal has been called, Sophia." One of the security men says to her as she is taken to a back room. "As has an ambulance. He knows that the workers are off limits. What happened?"

"I don't know for sure. He asked me when I would go out with him and when I told him that I wasn't allowed to, he didn't like it. Then he said that his father wouldn't mind and when I told him his father specifically said that he and his brother were off limits, that's when he hurt my arm."

"You did as you should, Mr. Royal will take care of this," Jeffrey, the manager, says having listened to her account. He also watched the video footage and saw that she didn't do anything to anger the men at that table. "You will not be penalized for this."

"No offense, sir, but if my arm is broken as I suspect it is, I won't be able to work. That is a penalty. I won't be able to even pay the medical bills, let alone any of my other bills." Sophia's arm hurts too bad for the bitterness to come through, but it's there.

"The medical bills will be taken care of," a new voice says from the door way. "You won't be penalized for my brother's actions. The ambulance is here, please go with them and get your arm taken care of and don't worry about anything else."

"Yes, sir." Sophia says taking her bag from Jeffrey, she doesn't bother taking her clothes, she'll just wear her uniform home.

She walks out to the back exit and then to the waiting ambulance. This isn't the first time one has been called for a minor emergency, all the workers know the drill. 

The last man to speak watches her leave with watchful eyes. "Will she talk to the cops?"

"No, sir, Sophia knows fully well what would happen to her if she does. Like she says, she won't be able to pay her bills because she knows she won't be able to go after redress. She's one of our best workers and never causes problems, I hate to see this happen to her."

"Father will make sure that she's taken care of, one way or another." The man says as the ambulance takes off. "I'm to take that idiot brother of mine to see him. Where is he being held?"

"In my office, sir," Jeffrey is quick to offer up.

"Very well. I won't be taking up any more of your time. I'm sure that you have your own duties to deal with at this time. My damn brother sure knows how to mess up a perfectly good evening." The last was said under his breath and Jeffrey wasn't sure if he was meant to hear that or not. "Send the footage of the incident to my father."

"Yes, sir. I already did. Is there anything else?" Jeffrey may have to deal with them, but they still make him nervous. Mafia leaders are sometimes unpredictable, especially when it comes to one of their own.

"No, go deal with the mess Corey made here," the man says irritably.

"Yes, sir." This time Jeffrey leaves the man's side. 

The man schools his expression so the irritation he feels at being called away from his date doesn't show. He goes to the office and takes a deep breath. Corey had been warned about this before and hadn't heeded father's warnings. He's not going to like what is in store for him. The man feels a slight smile on his face at the thought. Corey always thinks that he can do whatever he wants and there will be no consequences. Now he's going to learn that there are.