~Going on first your date~

Start from the beginning

"Thanks," Keith said. You turned around and stared at Keith. Keith suddenly stopped and tensed.

"You designed all of this?!" You exclaimed.

"Uh... Yeah...?" Keith answered.

"You are a flipping genius! I love the use of negative and positive space here and the lighting is amazing! Where were you all my life?! I would have killed to see architecture like this! It's so hard to see places like this these days! This is like Graphic Design in furniture!" You squealed. You rushed around the building looking at lamps, wall ornaments and windows, fangirling at the perfectionism of the design. You, of course, got some weird glances, but Keith got your back when he explained that you were a Graphic Designer.

When 7 pm hit Keith took you by the hand downstairs to the party where the adults gathered to celebrate their 20th Anniversary as a company. Keith was acknowledged multiple times for single-handedly designing the interior of the building. Plenty of office workers gave Keith warm thanks for creating a good work space and office cubicles. The head of their company, Kolivan, came up to him with a big smile on his face.

"Thank you again, Keith, for taking on this job. We couldn't have done this renovation without you" Kolivan said. "Have you considered the other job I extended to you?" Kolivan asked. Keith sighed and put one hand in his pocket while the other rubbed his neck stressfully.

"I'm not sure if this is the best place to talk about that job" Keith answered.

"But are you interested?" Kolivan asked.

"Very..." Keith answered.

"So what's stopping you?" Kolivan asked. Keith slowly drifted his eyes to you. You were talking to one of the office workers and sipping a cool drink of punch. Kolivan followed Keith's eyes and sighed.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can accept the job" Kolivan answered.

"But you know about the opening," Kolivan said.

"Yes, I know. I will make sure-" "Be sure that you do," Kolivan said. His eyes suddenly solidified into a dark material. His eyes were no longer the warm chocolate brown they once were. They were hard and almost stone cold.

"Yes sir" Kieth replied. Kolivan nodded and walked off.

You side-glanced to Keith's direction and noticed his body posture. "Uh, excuse me," You said. You slowly moved through the small groups of people and walked over to Keith. "Keith?" Keith's head jerked up to see you. "Are you-" Keith suddenly wrapped his arms you and held you tightly. You blinked in surprise but hugged him back. "Keith... Do you need to go home?" You asked.

"No, I just want to stay here" Keith answered. You tried to think about where he was going with his but placed your chin on his shoulder.

"If you insist" You laughed. "Look, it's not that I'm not enjoying this, but I think you need some non-alcoholic drink otherwise you're going to make me depressed and cry," You said. Keith squeezed you tighter and nodded. You titled your head and inspected him. "Maybe not a drink" you smirked. You led Keith to the snack table and pinched an oreo in between your fingers. "I know you love these."

Keith took one look at the oreo and scrunched his face. "Who is telling yo- Oh... You've been talking to Ms Smith, haven't you?" Keith asked. You giggled and winked.

"Yes, I have. And to be fair, I like them also" You said, popping one in your mouth. Keith rolled his eyes and reached past you for one oreo. Keith had you pinned between you and the table. For a few seconds, your heart started to beat really fast and a wave of heat crawled up your neck to your cheeks. Keith bit into the oreo and stepped back for you to take a step away.