"That bitch still bitter, I swear." Iyanna shook her head as she looked past me. I already knew she was talking about Sonya, so I didn't bother turning around. Ever since we all got back from our suspension, Sonya and Smokey been on some shady shit. Sonya always giving me dirty looks, and Smokey always say some slick shit around me, and I'm sure he does it around Jahseh too. I honestly forgot all about them up until it was time for us to come back to school, then I remembered everything.

"Fuck her. As long as she don't say anything to me, I'm not tripping off it. Let her be bitter." I shrugged.

Iyanna shrugged her shoulders too, dropping the subject. "I'm finna go to Starbucks. You comin'?" She asked me. I nodded my head and stood to my feet before leaving out of the cafeteria with Iyanna. On our way out, I accidentally bumped into someone. I apologized before continuing to leave out.

I need some coffee anyway.

When Iyanna and I got to Starbucks it was a fair amount of people in there, which was good. After we placed our orders, we went to sit down while we waited and we just talked about random things until our orders were ready.

"Caramel vanilla macchiato?!" The barista called. I got up to get it, but I was met with another person trying to get the drink also. I looked at who it was, and it was a guy I've never seen before.

He was tall, had caramel skin, and a curly box cut hairstyle. He had a bull nose ring like me, and his eyes were brown like hot chocolate. He was perfect.

"O-oh, I'm sorry

"O-oh, I'm sorry. This one's yours." I smiled at him as I let out a nervous laugh. He smirked at me. "No, it's okay. You can have it."

"You sure?"

"Haven't lied to you this far, and I'm not gonna start now." He smiled his pearly white teeth at me. I blushed before accepting the drink from the barista.

"Um, thank you. I'm Kehlani, by the way." I extended my hand out for him to shake it and he accepted it.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Coolie."

I giggled. "That your real name?"

He shook his head with a chuckle. "Nah. That's top secret."

I nodded with a chuckle, finally letting his hand go. "Well, um, I guess I'll be seeing you around?"

"So you don't want my number?"