Chapter twenty-five: A whole day with Star!

Hayleys POV

"I love you!" The tears flowed down my cheeks, a big smile on my face. I ran over to the boy and threw my arms around him.
"I love you Sam. I love you more than you could ever imagine," I mumbled, burying my head in his chest. He hugs me tightly, placing his chin on the top of my head.
Suddenly, he disappears and a pool of blood is on the floor. I turn around to see Sam with a scowl on his face.

"You did this," he yelled at me. "You killed me. You're a murderer!" My eyes widen and I find myself running towards him. I reach out to grab a hold of his shoulders, but my hands touch air.
"No, no, no, no, no." My voice was shaky and I repeatedly shook my head. "You're not dead. You're alive. See," I say as I take a hold of his hand and intertwine our fingers. He stares at our hands before screaming a high pitched scream. I stare down at our hands to see blood and I begin to scream.

"Whats this?" A voice behind me exclaims. I slowly turn my head to see who the person is. Liam stands their with a gun in his hand.
"Go away," I try to shout at him, but my voice is barely a whisper. Liam points at Sam and gestures for him to come to him.
I try to stop him but I couldn't move a muscle. I tried to scream but no sound came out.
Sam stood in front of Liam, a blank look on his face.

"Turn and face her," Liam orders Sam. He obeyed the orders directed to him and turned to look at me.
Liam brings the gun to Sams forehead and I try to look away but I couldn't. Liam smiled and pressed the trigger. My scream was loud but not louder than the sound of the boom from the gun. Blood covered my hands and if it was possible, I began to scream louder.
"Hayley, Hayley, Hayley!" All I could hear apart from my screams was Sams voice.

"Hayley!" The voice was not Sams but one I have come to hear more often. I kept screaming even with my eyes open.

Ryders POV (finally)

I abruptly woke up to the sound of ear piercing screams. Star. I jumped off the couch and sprinted to my bedroom to see Hayley sitting on the bed yelling in fear. She was frozen still but her voice was loud. I rushed over to her and took a hold of her hand.
"Hayley!" I screamed her name but she did nothing and continued to scream. I hate seeing her like this. I began panicking when tears began to stream down her face. Quickly wiping them away, I grabbed her shoulders and began to shake her violently, hoping to wake her up. Her screaming came to an end and she looked at me. I am surprised Patrick hadn't woken up. That kid can sleep through fireworks and won't even move.

"Ryder?" Her voice was so small and her eyes held fear and uncertainty. I nodded my head which lead to her hugging me. I became stiff and stared at her. I was about to wrap my arms around her but then she pulled away and blocked her ears.
"Can't you hear it? It's so loud and scary." She began to sob and I pulled her towards me.
"Hear what Hayley?" The panic laced in my voice was evident but I was scared.
"The gun shots," she whispered, still covering her ears. I wanted to stop all of this now. I couldn't stand seeing her suffer like this, it hurts me. I pulled her onto my lap and began rocking her sideways even though I knew it would not help and I was right.

I needed to stop her from hearing the gun shots. An idea came to mind and I slowly peeled her hands away from her ears,
"No, no, no. Ryder they scare me. They're too loud." I frowned but continued on to my plan.

"Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes." I began to sing to her.
"But its the only thing that I know.
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes.
But its the only thing that makes us feel alive.

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves.
Where our eyes are never closing.
Hearts are never broken
And times forever frozen still" she slowly begins to calm down and stares at me. I smile at her and begin to rub her back.