Chapter nineteen: young wild and free!

"Hayley! Stop being stingy and give me the blanket," Nicole grumbles, pulling the blanket towards her, leaving my legs exposed to the cold. I groan in protest, snatching the blanket back covering myself with it.
"Hayley!" Can she just shut up. It is not my fault that she wanted to sleep next to me in the middle of the night. Whining, she brings it back to her. I decide that enough is enough and pull the blanket off me. Slowly getting off the bed, which is harder than it seems in complete darkness, I make my way out of the bedroom as quiet as I can.

Making it downstairs with all my bones in tact, I walk towards the back door and open it. I am greeted by a soft breeze and the sound of waves, considering that the beach house is seated on the beach. I wonder around and find myself next to the ocean. Smiling to myself, I stroll down the beach, allowing my feet to meet with the water. Strolling on the beach in the dark, with the soft breeze and gentle waves, creates an amazing scene and the feeling of pure calmness. All my worries and struggles drift away with the waves, clearing my mind.

I take a seat on the sand and just watch the never ending ocean. After a while, a presence stands behind me. He takes a seat beside me watching the ocean. After a while of comfortable silence, he turns to look at me, smiling as he does. In response, I smile back. He turns to the waves and I follow suite.
"When are you going to let me in Hayley?" Ryder whispers, not facing me. I turn to him with a soft expression.
"When are you going to let me in Ryder?" I question in the same tone. He turns to me with a knowing look.

"When I am ready." I say after a minute of silence. From the corner of my eye I can see him smile.
"Then I will wait. Hayley, I will wait for as long as I have to for you to trust me fully and let me in." His words were true and sincere. I surprised him by hugging him, because thats what friends do, hug. It did not take him long to respond and wrap his arms around me.
We sat there together watching the sunrise.
.....

"What are we doing today?" Conner comments while eating his bacon. Everyone turned to face each other.
"The beach!" We all simultaneously yell, laughing in the process. We all agree, and organised to get ready after breakfast.

Once I have eaten my breakfast, I walk up the stairs towards my room and look for an outfit for the day. I sit on my bed and glare at my closet.
"Glaring is not going to magically create an outfit. If you needed help, you could've just asked me," Dani says as she makes her way towards the closet. After rummaging through it, Dani comes up with a perfect outfit for the beach.
My bikini is blue with a flowery design and a black outline. A white cropped shirt pared with blue ripped denim shorts is provided for a cover up. To top of my look, I slip on my gold coloured sandals. Leaving my hair out, I pack a beach bag with all the necessary items for a day out at the beach. Placing my sunglasses on top of my head I head downstairs to the rest.

Once down I see all the girls dressed up and ready to go. Demi and Dani are wearing matching bikinis but in different colours. Dani wears a white bikini with black denim jeans whereas Demi is wearing a brown greenish bikini with blue denim jeans. The tip of their look with colourful converse and sunglasses. Nicole is looking beautiful as ever, wearing a highlighted pink bikini, making her tanned skin stand out. For a cover up she is wearing denim overalls pared with colourful flip flops.
"We look hot!" Demi gloats, putting emphasis on the word hot. We all agree and begin our journey to the beach.
.....

"Conner set the ball to me!" Parker yells, spiking the boy over to me. I try to dig the ball but fail miserably. Eight now we are playing one of my worst sports, volleyball. The score now is 9-0, Wests team winning, only because they have West. I call quits and walk towards the girls who are tanning, joining them. The feeling of the warm sun on me disappears as a shadow covers the glowing sun. I scowl at Ryder who has a mischievous grin attached to his face, an identical one on Ethans and Lukas'.