Chapter twenty: the truth!

Forget who hurt you yesterday but don't forget those who love you everyday. Forget the past that makes you cry and focus on the present that makes you smile. Forget the pain but never the lessons you gained~ unknown

"Hayley I can't be bothered to wake you up every stupid morning because you are too lazy too get up," Ethan whines, pulling the warm blanket away from me. I try to retrieve it but he gave me the look, making me pout before crossing my arms over my chest. I let out a huff before getting up and pushing him out of my room so I can get dressed.
Since it was cold and I wasn't bothered to put effort in the outfit, I settled with a grey oversized jumper and black ripped jeans. I placed a black beanie on my head, grabbing my black converse from the draw. I left my hair out not bothering with makeup. I sleepily walked downstairs and made my way to the kitchen, taking a seat on the chair.

My father gave me my breakfast and I ate it in a slow pace, surprising both my father and brother.
"Hayley, are you sick, do you need medicine." My father rushed out, placing a hand on my head which I swatted away.
"I'm perfectly fine. Just tired," I explained. He sighed in relief as he took his seat next to Ethan. Ethan began eating his food and his next words shocked me.

"Do you like Ryder?" I choked on my food and began to cough. I reached out for my water and began to chug it. The second I stopped choking, I stared at my brother with wide eyes and my mouth agape.
"What kind of question is that?" I asked in shock, staring at my brother.

"It was a question and that was not an answer," he pointed out.
"No I do not like Ryder, we're just friends," I said slowly so he can understand.
"I like the kid, he seems good. I wouldn't be surprised if you have any feelings towards him," my father adds, taking a sip from his coffee. What the hell is going on!
"Have you guys lost your minds or have you already forgotten!" My voice was loud but that didn't effect them.

"It's been one year Hayley! One freakin year! When are you going to move on. Just because he left your life doesn't mean you can't let anyone else in! When are you gonna wake up and realise that there is always going to be someone else who will love you. What would Sam say if he saw you? He would tell you to move on, be happy and let the past go! Let him go!" In all my years of living, I have never seen my twin like this. Ethan was shaking in fury! His voice was booming throughout the house and I am sure that the neighbours heard. I didn't get upset with what he said, instead I got angry.

"You have no idea what he would say! Why would you know? How would you know?" I have never yelled at my brother like this, but I couldn't control myself as he couldn't himself, after all we are twins.

"I would have no idea? I think it is you who lost your mind! You may have lost your love, but I lost my best friend. I lost my brother! You think you were the only one that was hurting, but I was hurting as much as you were. Hayley, I KNOW what he would say! He would want you to be happy, bloody hell. I want you to be happy. Seeing you cry yourself to sleep pains me. Let go of the past, stop worrying about everything!" Again Ethan's voice was loud and aggressive, his jaw clenched and we were both standing up.

"I can't stop worrying! Because if I do, someone may get hurt, Ethan I don't want to lose you! You think it is easy to move on but it's not! How can I move on?" I was breathing heavily and my hands were in fists.
"You are unbelievable! It's not hard to move on! I'm not telling you to forget about him, but I'm telling you to be happy and take chances." I stared at him, I was about to argue when my father interrupted us.

"That's enough. You have school, so I suppose you get your bags and get into the car, and go to school," my father was not a person you argue back to, so we did as we were told. The car ride with Ethan was intoxicating. I have never fought with my brother and it felt horrible. I felt sick. Every second I was in that car, I became aggravated and I know for a fact, Ethan felt that way too because his grip on the steering wheel was tight. When we parked, Ethan was the first one to get out. He opened the door quickly before closing it harshly behind him. He made sure a BANG was made and he left the car shaking. I had to breathe in and out deeply to contain my own anger.