The Unexpected Hero

Start from the beginning

"AALIYAH!" I yell as I sprint over as fast as I could, diving at the last moment in a desperate attempt to catch the falling and terrified girl

"AALIYAH!" I yell as I sprint over as fast as I could, diving at the last moment in a desperate attempt to catch the falling and terrified girl. I've missed her, I failed Ally. Squeezing my eyes shut, I lay there, debating on how to break the news to my little big sister.

"OWW!" I scream in pain as something hits me roughly on the lower back.

"Ma'am, you alright?" Someone asks gently. I shake my head as another wave of pain flows through my body.

"My back! What happened?"

"To put it lightly, consider yourself a hero. You just saved a girl's life. Just relax for me, alright? An ambulance is on it's way. I'm Matt by the way."

"What!? But I missed her!" I say to which Matt chuckles in response.

"You missed her with your hands but not your butt. I have to say, it made a mighty good mattress!" He says, partially giggling. I couldn't help but giggle along as well, glad that Aaliyah was safe. A few minutes, I feel the weight being lifted off my backside before being placed on a stretcher lying on my side through a chorus of applause from the bystanders.

"Ma'am, we're going to take you the hospital, alright? What is your full name?" The paramedic asks.

"Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao, but she prefers to go by Camila." A familiar voice answers for me.

"Aaliyah!?" I exclaim.

"I'm here Camzi, thank you." She says, taking my hands in hers.

"For what?" I ask.

"For saving me!" She says, giggling.

"Alright ladies, I need to let Camila know a few things. From what I can see right now, part of your lower back and upper buttock area appears to be swollen, so you'll need to have an X-Ray taken at the hospital." The paramedic says.

"Okay, is it serious?" I ask as the worst case scenarios play through my head.

"I doubt it, you'll probably just be sore in that area for the next couple of days or so. Do you have anybody you would like us to get a hold of?"

"Uh yes, my band mates, Lauren Jauregui, Allyson Hernandez and Y/N Y/LN." I say. The paramedic nods as she jots the names down. Soon after, I feel the ambulance slow, and then stop altogether.

"We're here; while you get your X-Ray, I'll notify your band mates." The paramedic says as she slowly pulls my stretcher out of the ambulance before handing me to a waiting nurse. The nurse, with Aaliyah in tow, wheels me down a long hallway and in to a room with plenty of warning signs.

"Ma'am, I'm just going to cover your upper body with a lead apron so the radiation doesn't contaminate you elsewhere. I nod, and what appears to be a large and heavy cloth is draped over me, leaving only my butt and lower back exposed.