+43.+

I wrapped my arms tighter around Nevaeh and pressed my forehead in the space between her neck and shoulder, “Just agree to his offer, Nevaeh.” I said.

“You know I can’t do that.” she said.

“Yes you can.” I said. “Don’t leave me here alone. What about me? Azariah?”

“What about my mom? Courtney? Uncle Carter? Aracelia? Lori? My grandparents? Everyone I love in the world?” she asked. “Azariah will have you, knowing he’ll be safe with you well make it better.”

I lifted my head and looked down at her, “No. It won’t be fine, I want you here. I don’t care about anyone else but you and Azariah. I won’t survive in this world without you, I have no other reason to live if I can’t have you.”

She reached her hand up, “Hadrian, don’t say that.”

I reached up, taking her hand, “No, you know that’s true. If you—if you die, I won’t live on this plant without you.”

“I can’t be the fault for the world turning into the second Hell.” I said. “I knew what I’ll be getting into when I became a Hunter Hadrian—“

“That wasn’t your propose on to be born.” I said coldly. “It was to be Azariah mother, be with me.”

“And I am bring Azariah into this world and I am with you.” she said softly. “Senka is powerful, I wouldn’t even know how to kill him if he gave me a chance to try. Azariah won’t do anything he says unless one of us tells him to do it.”

I shook my head as I looked down at her, “Why do you want to leave me?”

“I don’t.” she said, giving me a begging look. “Hadrian, I have to. Senka is talking about killing all the Hunter and Angels. More Angels will be sent down to Earth, but Azariah can easily kill them then until the last Angel is dead. That’s how strong Azariah will be.”

“It’s unfair.” I said to her.

She reached both of her hands up and touched my face, “Don’t think I want this, Hadrian. There’s nothing more than I want then to be here with you both. But I wouldn’t be able to live with myself and turn a cold shoulder away while Demons are in control of Earth. I don’t even want to think how the world be and it’ll be all my fault. Azariah is what will keep the peace if we don’t tell him to hurt anyone.”

“For how long? How long does Azariah live for?” I asked.

“Azariah is immortal, you’ll always have a piece of me.” she said.

“I don’t want a piece of you, I want all of you.” I said as I moved myself down and rest my head on her chest, placing my hand on her growing stomach. Azariah moved around something, I wasn’t sure if it was his feet or hands but I felt him. “I was such a monster, I would never say anything like I had to you again. I was a cold person towards you.”

“You’re cold to everyone, just not to me.” she said. “So I guess we’re stuck here. We won’t be able to just walk out.”

“All because of me.” I said coldly, but only because I was angry with myself.

“It wasn’t your fault.” she said, lightly stroking my hair. “I can’t believe Victurus could look me in the eyes the whole time without any remorse. And Aracelia went along with it, she knew about it and didn’t tell me.”

“Maybe you could get Azariah to at least ‘handle’ Aracelia—ow. Only joking.” I chuckled since she had pulled at my hair tightly.

+Dante.+